I can't even

It's perfectly okay for people to dislike a bag or a collection. Nothing wrong with that. I think Mono Géant is hideous but I get why some like it and why it's going to be very popular. Similarly, I understand how someone can look at the Kawakubo tote and think it's weird or stupid. :drinks:

I could not agree with you more, my only point was that disliking a collection should not necessarily mean the entire house is falling apart. I feel like there have been many threads with that theme lately.

I could not agree with you more, my only point was that disliking a collection should not necessarily mean the entire house is falling apart. I feel like there have been many threads with that theme lately.
Maybe it's "falling apart" from the perspective of that specific client? For long-time buyers, it's easy to feel alienated by some of the current offerings (I certainly do sometimes). I still love a lot of products made by Louis Vuitton... but part of it is also my taste evolving and moving away from some of the in-your-face and big logo trends.

I think the bigger point in all of this is every time a collection comes out people should not exclaim that LV is falling apart and alienating its customer base. Clearly it pushes the boundaries year after year, which is important in fashion. For all those who loved this line, keep that in mind when you mock the Geant line out today.

Couldn’t agree more![emoji1547]
I LOVE the grant collection and received many compliments so far. People are now wanting items and can’t get it!

Reactions: gilson854
It's perfectly okay for people to dislike a bag or a collection. Nothing wrong with that. I think Mono Géant is hideous but I get why some like it and why it's going to be very popular. Similarly, I understand how someone can look at the Kawakubo tote and think it's weird or stupid. :drinks:
Even if you don't like the current version of the Géant, I have a feeling you'll absolutely love the shearling rendition for November!

To get back on topic at least slightly, I think there's a difference between the regular line and the runway/ limited edition bags and it's been like that since MJ. It seems like the lines between limited and permanent items are getting completely blurred in order to create a feeling of urgency with the customer so it might explain why it feels like there's more "crazy" bags and less focus on the classic lines recently.

Even if you don't like the current version of the Géant, I have a feeling you'll absolutely love the shearling rendition for November!

To get back on topic at least slightly, I think there's a difference between the regular line and the runway/ limited edition bags and it's been like that since MJ. It seems like the lines between limited and permanent items are getting completely blurred in order to create a feeling of urgency with the customer so it might explain why it feels like there's more "crazy" bags and less focus on the classic lines recently.
Haha no I don’t like the upcoming shearling version either. Just not my cup of tea. However, I totally agree with you regarding the manufactured sense of urgency. And judging by what we read on this forum, it’s clear that it’s working. People are experiencing major FOMO.

This bag is actually stunning and very well constructed! I totally regret not buying one at the time (and still consider going pre-loved one day). I :heart: Rei Kawakubo.
Rei Kawakubo is one of my favorite designers of all time. This bag is a work of art, just like everything she does! I wasn't into bags when it came out, but having one is a serious HG for me.

Reactions: fabuleux
I like this bag even less than the Giant Mono pink/red/orange NF, and that’s a pretty low bar to step over. :whut:

I’ll stick to regular NFs with standard canvas and you know, no holes. Basic and happy with that. :lol:

Reactions: Pandoravuitton
So weird to be mocking a bag from 5 years ago. lol. It was a special collection by notable designers. They were all pretty avant-garde designs. The bag came with another lv bag (similar to a dustbag) inside to hold your items.

Now what I don't understand are those white Gucci shoes that are brand new but look filthy already.

I think this bag is awesome.