I can't even....Merry Hermes Christmas 2017

I think that your bag looks really gorgeous. I love the color and I love the size. It is a stunning handbag!

The way that your husband presented it to you is extremely sweet. I would feel very special if anyone has done that to me. He must really care about you.

You know, you can get a ton of other bags with time. Just be patient.
I know! Easier said than done, huh? :smile:

Is possibly injuring your husband's feelings and pride really worth it for this particular bag? You're gonna get your 30 Birkin anyway, I am sure. Don't make yourself crazy about this size difference. I find 30 or 35 Birkin are really similar in weight. The croc Birkins are much, much lighter but between 30 an 35 in Togo or Clemence I do not see much difference.

Your husband seems like a really nice person! This is an amazing present. Happy Holidays to you!

Ladies, thanks for all the comments and input. I need to clarify something because I feel like my husband was taking a lot of heat for getting the wrong bag.
There was a lot more involved prior to the purchase. He has always been very patient and caring with me and the kids and he does pay attentions to what I said. During my phone conversation, he did ask me if it was the red that I'd always wanted. And I have talked to him about getting a red bag then I will be done buying bags (wishful thinking)
He thought I didn't want the bag was because we didn't have disposable income for such purchase instead of the bag being the wrong size.
He went out of his way to get the bag for me and kept it a secret until now. I did tell him how I felt yesterday for being horrible and he said he just wanted me to be happy.
We are both working parents but he is the one who works really hard to provide for us. I feel bad because I don't want him to think that he has to get me something expensive to make me happy.
Him and the kids are all I need. And I don't wish such an expensive purchase would turn into stress instead of enjoyment.
Sorry if I'm not making any sense and thank you again for listening to me.
You are making a lot of sense. I understand this completely! Your husband is wonderful for wanting to make you happy and you are awesome for understanding how he feels.

Is possibly injuring your husband's feelings and pride really worth it for this particular bag?
Why would OP injure her husband's feelings ? Can't we just talk in a couple ?
When I bring a tie from a trip to my husband, if he doesn't like it, we go to an H store and change it. Why would I be injure that his taste is different from mine ? I want him to wear the tie and my money been well used. I think that if he wasn't sincere with me, it would be the beginning of the end.
And it's for 180$.
I can't imagine what OP feels being stuck with a 10000$ handbag that she's not crazy in love with.

I would appreciate the gift from my husband. Wish I could get a Kelly or a Birkin but don’t have the money!! My husband bought me a GST at the Rue Cambon store in Paris in 2009. Big bag but I love it and still use it. Enjoy your bag and love the one your daughter gave you, so precious. Good luck it’s your decision.

Reactions: MaryAndDogs
Why would OP injure her husband's feelings ? Can't we just talk in a couple ?
When I bring a tie from a trip to my husband, if he doesn't like it, we go to an H store and change it. Why would I be injure that his taste is different from mine ? I want him to wear the tie and my money been well used. I think that if he wasn't sincere with me, it would be the beginning of the end.
And it's for 180$.
I can't imagine what OP feels being stuck with a 10000$ handbag that she's not crazy in love with.

Thank you for saying this. To each their own, but my husband's ego is in no way so fragile that I wouldn't tell him if I were unhappy in some way, especially to do with a material gift. But, every relationship is different. In any case, thanks for your comment, you aren't alone in your opinion.
Also, I think that the delivery has so much to do with how someone will interpret what has been said (by men or women)...and OP seems very gentle in her delivery. I'm sure this will work out so that both parties walk away satisfied.

Now after the excitement fades, my concerns sink in...
This is the bag I declined in November because I wanted a 30 or constance after owning a gold B35. I do find it heavy and hard to carry when I am out with the kids. When my SA called, I called my husband right away and told him not to worry because I wouldn't be getting it (one for money, two for the size) but I did say I would love to have a red bag. Little did I know that he called my SA soon after to get the bag for me for Christmas. I might have hurt his feelings a little when I blurred out "oh, it is a 35 but I wanted a 30".
I don't know what to do. I love the color and the loving gesture from my husband but I really want a 30 and the worst part was that the everything was purchased early November and don't think the store will let me exchange the twiilies or even the bag. (can you even return a birkin???)
It is a lot of money for a bag and I don't want to settle but I also don't want to disappoint my husband or upset my SA. He did tell my SA it would be for Christmas.
I am torn....I feel very ungrateful for wanting a B30 since he tried really hard to work out our finances to get me the bag and because of that, I don't want money wasted.
What would you do?? :confused1:
This was a super sweet gesture and nice surprise :smile: if you don't want two perhaps you can sell your old b35 and put the funds towards a b30?

Reactions: CClovesbags
I think if you feel so bad about selling or exchanging it, I would keep the red and sell the gold B35. Maybe a b30 in gold will pop up in the near future for you. If you check around, there are quite a few of reputable resellers around and B35 gold should sell pretty easily since it's a classic colour. Good luck!

Reactions: CClovesbags