I can't even....Merry Hermes Christmas 2017

CClovesbags

Nov 22, 2016
To my dear fellow Tpfers and beloved H enthusiasts,
Merry Christmas eve to all and wanted to share a little story with you all (because I know I will get some support and love from you and it is going to be long....)
The back story: woke up early this morning and kids got to open one present today before Christmas and my husband was asking for wrapping paper and an empty box for my daughter's present. He said it was kind of bulky and it was for their camping trips next year.
Then he videotaped each kid opening their presents. The boys went first and then he let my 6 years old opened this big box. When she was opening the box, I noticed the orange H box (then I gave him a dirty look because I thought he used my H box to house her present) I was telling my girl to be careful with the box even the tissue paper because they were important to me.
Fast forwarded to her opening the box, there was a bag looking thingy in the dust bag with several little orange boxes. That's when I started to suspect something else.....
My daughter opened the dust bag and said it was her bag and now she could be my bag twins.
I was so nervous with 3 little kids handling the bag and offered some toys in exchange for the bag.
She asked her daddy " what's an exchange?" then she said, "maybe tomorrow, mommy"
:P

Now after the excitement fades, my concerns sink in...
This is the bag I declined in November because I wanted a 30 or constance after owning a gold B35. I do find it heavy and hard to carry when I am out with the kids. When my SA called, I called my husband right away and told him not to worry because I wouldn't be getting it (one for money, two for the size) but I did say I would love to have a red bag. Little did I know that he called my SA soon after to get the bag for me for Christmas. I might have hurt his feelings a little when I blurred out "oh, it is a 35 but I wanted a 30".
I don't know what to do. I love the color and the loving gesture from my husband but I really want a 30 and the worst part was that the everything was purchased early November and don't think the store will let me exchange the twiilies or even the bag. (can you even return a birkin???)
It is a lot of money for a bag and I don't want to settle but I also don't want to disappoint my husband or upset my SA. He did tell my SA it would be for Christmas.
I am torn....I feel very ungrateful for wanting a B30 since he tried really hard to work out our finances to get me the bag and because of that, I don't want money wasted.
What would you do?? :confused1:

So I just realized I created a thread in the feedback section and don't know how to combine the two or even delete the other one. My apologies for double posting.... guess the confusion and excitement kind of took over my head [emoji33]

I will have to keep this one short....
My husband asked for an empty box to put my daughter's camping presents this morning

He videotaped each kid's opening their one present on Christmas Eve

The boys went first then he insisted on having my daughter opening the big box because he didn't want people to trip over it?!?!

Saw the orange box when she unwrapped it. I was annoyed that he "borrowed" one of
my H boxes. So I told my girl to be gentle while her little brothers were playing next to it.

When she unboxed it, I saw a bag looking thingy inside along with a couple of other smaller boxes and that's when I suspected something was fishy

Sure enough, there was a bag inside but my 6 years old claimed the ownership of the bag because she said her daddy gave it to her.

I was pleading with her and hoping she would trade the bag with me for other toys. She said "maybe tomorrow" [emoji33]
IMG_1514155659.049360.jpg

And here is the wrapping paper of her favorite Disney movie (mine as well)

IMG_1514155695.746081.jpg

Now my concerns took over the excitement and I might have hurt my husband's feelings when I muttered "oh, it's a 35 but I wanted a 30"
This is the bag I turned down in November and I called my husband after declining the bag and told him about the offer and not to worry because I wouldn't be getting it (one for the size and two for the money because we have a couple of big expenses coming up)
He also told me not to get it as this Hermes buying habit is a bit much for his liking.
Little did I know he called my sa and bought the bag and told her that it would be my Christmas surprise and asked her not to sell me any more bags.

Now my issue is that I really want a 30 because I find my god 35 to be heavy when I'm out with the kids.
But I don't want to hurt his feelings or upset the SA (can people even return a Birkin?!?!?
It's so much money for a bag and I don't want to settle and really don't know what to do.
The worse part is that he purchased everything early November. I seriously doubt that I could exchange anything.....

I'm so torn. What would you do? He said I should sell my gold B35 and enjoy this one because I've been wanting a red bag [emoji17]

Can you sell this one? It being new, can sell over retail and put toward a 30. Or sell the gold 35 to not hurt hubby’s feelings and put toward 30.

I wouldn't know where to sell something this expensive. The fees are high and I'm worried if the package gets lost or even worse, got scammed...
I feel bad for feeling this way. I'm very grateful for his kind gesture but then again it's a lot of money tied in the bag..... [emoji24]