I can’t decide!

Carrierae

Nov 5, 2012
USA
Hello ladies! I have been trying to figure out my next bag, and I think I’m overthinking it.

This is my current collection:

7C4791D5-9B5C-4C7E-8130-D903989F7B6D.jpeg

I’m wanting another black bag. I really like my Valentino bucket bag, but I’m blindly digging through it.

I feel I mostly need another laptop bag. I’m constantly using my Chanel tote despite it matching my outfit. I also feel a small minimal one would be nice.

I’ve been considering these bags, but I can’t seem to figure out what is right!

(I wear a ton of leggings and tees since I own an athleisure store.)

F8D55A16-D4A8-4ED0-BE45-6A862FBCE8A4.jpeg

I originally planned on purchasing the YSL Large Loulou. My fears is the large size will look more like a cartoonish purse rather than a practical work tote. I love the interior organization, but I’m worried how it will hold (especially the puffs) over time with heavy loads...but it has a lot of things I want in a tote (i.e., metal feet, stands on its own, place for laptop, fully shuts). I like the Niki style so I thought I could get this style and the Niki Crossbody down the road. Now I’m uncertain!

Then there’s the Niki medium. While it doesn’t fit my laptop, it has great organization. My concern is I likely would not get the smaller crossbody because it’s too similar (I like variety), and I really like the crossbody too. It also feels similar in size to my bucket bag but with better organization, this, potentially making the bucket obsolete. I also feel I wouldn’t wear this with day dresses.

The Studded YSL Niki Chain Wallet is probably my closest purchase. I really fell in love with the studs. The medium version was also gorgeous, but it’s a little more than I wanted to spend on ..and the same reasons as above on the size. I’m also worried this might look too small on me.

I did like the Niki tote, but I don’t like the lack of interior organization. I’m worried I will have the same frustration as my bucket bag.

I liked the large Uptown tote. I love hand carry tote bags, but it is currently sold out and won’t fit a laptop. So it’s a large bag without the function of what I need.

I also was looking at Celine. Cabas tote is pretty, but I’m worried about a lot of wear and tear...and I don’t like that it won’t stand on its own. I really like the belt bag, but it won’t fit my laptop and feels slightly dressy for my wardrobe. The luggage is a good option but I’m worried that it already feels stale (despite that I still enjoy the look)...and it doesn’t look like it wears well. Most of the used ones I’ve seen look pretty rough.

I’m leaning for the studded crossbody because it’s different in size and style within my collection. Is that the most logical choice? It’s $400 more for the studs...is it worth it? I do really think another laptop sized tote would be practical, but I just can’t figure out the right style. I’m hoping I can find a nice tote later.

Ugh..I hate being so analytical all the time. What should I consider? Help!

Mutti

Jun 12, 2020
I totally understand. It takes a lot of consideration to choose between all those wonderful bags.
The studded crossbody would be my choise. Good luck

Reactions: Carrierae

blackcherry88

Aug 20, 2010
I’ll say given what you have mentioned the large Loulou seems like the best choice for you. I have seen someone around my neighborhood using the bag as a gym bag (‘cuz I saw her walking out of the gym in activewear with the bag) and I thought it’s pretty cool; from what I could tell she’s around 5’6”. I have no experience with Loulou so I can’t tell you how this bag will hold out.

Carrierae

Nov 5, 2012
USA
I agree with @blackcherry88 . I do think the Large LouLou makes the most sense.

I did, however, finally pulled the trigger on the crossbody this morning. I really like the chevron studs, and the overall style. I think I would be kicking myself if I didn’t at least order it to see it in person.

Since the other is a classic style and classic color, I should be able to get it down the road as I do need a practical large bag. I’m also hoping a trip to Chicago and seeing these styles in person will help me feel at ease with a larger bag.
E145C355-1391-4898-8EED-359A5AB25882.jpeg
50E4CD8A-23CD-4548-82F1-8BF0BE613792.jpeg

Apr 4, 2018
New Jersey
The large Niki fits a laptop with the same compartments as the medium. Isn't much bigger either - I wore both around the house and went with the large. It's pliable, soft yet durable and a very different look from the new studded woc you just bought. Black on black is different from your other bags.

The thorough analysis - I rarely buy a bag without it! :lol: