I can't decide what to get for Christmas, help

lovemyzoes

lovemyzoes
Jun 21, 2009
I'm trying to decide between the large or small purple sophia, the kristin pleated satchel that I bought at the outlet in blue smoke, or the blue patent alexandra that I picked up at the outlet last weekend. I am a shoulder bag carrier but I really like the looks of the sophia. I would appreciate any suggestions.

I want a bag that I will be in love with and I do love the way the Sophia looks but I'm not sure I want one because I love it and have to have it or do I want one because they are so popular. the two that I bought at the outlet I like very much but I'm not sure I love them and maybe I just bought them because they were at a good price. darn, I'm so indecisive.

The sophia has a great big mouth and is very easy to find things in. Large or small, I can't tell you. Depends on what you carry. I couldn't live with the small one, but it's very cute.

I have several Sophias, love love love them all. But I'm the kinda gal who buys a pair of pants in every color or a sweater in ever color if I like it. I have lots of Sophias and lots of Alexandras. I have one Kristen pleated satchel, marcasite. I love it but I wouldn't go nutty over the style. That's just me.

The blue smoke has gold hardware, doesn't it? To me, that's a very professional bag and the gold hardware is a consideration. If you don't care whether your jewelry coordinates with your bag, it doesn't matter. I do care. Alot.

It sounds like you are looking for one nice bag to wear with alot of things. I don't think the blue smoke Kristen is it.

My new darling is the black sequin op art Sophia. On the low end of expensive, very cute but also professional. I also ordered the purple op art large today for PCE. I think the Sophia, unlike some other bags, lends itself very well to fabric. I have leather ones and they are nice, but I think the fabric ones are a bargain.

Just stuff to think about.

another thought: If you love zoe, you would LOVE LOVE LOVE Alexandra. Promise.

Oh no, I don't ever use my bags unless I am 100% sure I'm going to keep them. they are new with tags still on. I guess I'm wondering if the large sophia will look okay carried as a shoulder bag? I'm really leaning toward the sophia but I have to make up my mind before the pce expires tomorrow.

ok, here is my 2 cents.

I just returned my small black gathered Sophia because, since I always carry my bags on my shoulder, it kept bending real weird in the middle and poking my side! Drove me batty! Also, the small was TOO small and I don't have very much in my purse to begin with, so no Sophias for me even though I know they are the popular favorite right now. They just don't work for me.

So, I traded in my Sophia gathered for the Kristin marcasite pleated satchel.. This bag is gorgeous and I love the way it looks. It is not too heavy on my shoulder and there is plenty of room inside. That being said, my only complaint is when you sit her down to unzip her, the bag really loses it's shape( I think because of the weight of the shoulder strap pulling down on it) and you have to try and hold up the sides to reach in and get what you were looking for. Other than that, I do like her.

And finally the Alexandra. I Love Her! I have (or rather will have after Christmas) 11 of them and I love each and every one. She is the most comfortable bag I have ever owned! It fits great on the shoulder, not too heavy, plenty of room, and will somewhat hold it's shape when searching for your stuff inside.

Therefore, I suggest the Alexandra!

I am normally a shoulder bag girl and I love my small Sophia (all 3). The small carries more than it looks like from the outside. I wear them primarily on my shoulder too.

I personally don't like Kristin bags because of the odd clip looking closure. I have one acorn Alexandra and she is TDF (yummy leather), but she has been getting no love because I wear all of my Sophia's day in and day out.

I really love the sophia but have decided to go with the alexandra. maybe I'll get a sophia later. thank you everyone for your advice. I was looking at the kristin pleated satchel just a few minutes ago and have come to the conclusion that it flops alot when I'm pretending to get something out of it, I think that would drive me nuts after awhile so I will be returning it. I love the marcasite color.