I Can't decide DE or Mono speedy...

c_y_n_d_i

Jan 3, 2011
I already have a delightful MM that I use almost daily. I sprayed it w kiwi all weather when it was new and 2 years later it looks great. I'm now lusting over speedys but don't know which would be best for me. I love the look of mono but love the low maintenance damier ebene. The mono is more my style but the thought of nasty black handles kills me. DE is beautiful but looks a bit too dressy for me so the only appeal is the carefree handles.
So how does your speedy look now? are you super careful? Did you treat it? WWYD?
Photobombs away :smile:

I have a Mono Speedy and Delightful MM too.
I bought my DE Speedy for the same reason you have, for the care free, but I found out I wasn't really love DE speedy, so end up went back and exchanged to Mono Speedy. If you are not going to use it as everyday bag, then choose Mono. I am more to Mono woman..

I have a mono speedy and the last couple of years I've found myself not carrying it as much. Some years back EVERYone was carrying them...but a large portion of them were fake. I think a lot of people still think that ur carrying a fake bag...i see fakes at consignment shops often enough still. I think mono is great tho and altho i still like my bag i would go for mono again in another style only. As for the handles...they're not dirty or anything just more brown. It actually looks good. I never wear hand lotion tho and I'm careful with my bags in general. I would say to go with DE because I don't see that pattern around as much.

I have the DE 30 and love that its so low maintenance. Don't have to worry about cleaning or treating handles, the rain, etc. I also love the red interior and how I see less people carrying the DE compared to mono

The popularity doesn't bother me. I live in the OC so everyone has LVs anyways :cool: I think ill just have to spend some more time looking at pics of both being worn and deciding which will get the most use. I want a DE since I already have a mono but I don't see myself using it as much. Hrm...if only I could buy both!! :P

I have the DE 30 and love that its so low maintenance. Don't have to worry about cleaning or treating handles, the rain, etc. I also love the red interior and how I see less people carrying the DE compared to mono

The red interior is TDF, isn't it? My favorite part about the DE Speedy =))

OP, I have both and love both. The DE is just so classy with the red interior and gold hardware. I didn't care for DE at first either, but it grew on me. It is just so worry free and that is nice to have sometimes. =) HTH

The popularity doesn't bother me. I live in the OC so everyone has LVs anyways :cool: I think ill just have to spend some more time looking at pics of both being worn and deciding which will get the most use. I want a DE since I already have a mono but I don't see myself using it as much. Hrm...if only I could buy both!! :P

I would get the DE and I promise you will fall in love just as much as you did with the monogram. It is fun when switching from mono to de because it's like falling in love with another print all over again. Sounds cheesy but it sure does make it fun to switch bags :biggrin:

I think its the classy part that makes me think ill never use it!! lol...I'm a mama to soon to be 3 lil guys and I live in jeans and tanks or yoga pants and sweats. I don't feel fancy enough for DE :shame:

Anybody know if Jessica Simpson has a 30 or 35?? I love her size bag and she's a shorty too.

I think its the classy part that makes me think ill never use it!! lol...I'm a mama to soon to be 3 lil guys and I live in jeans and tanks or yoga pants and sweats. I don't feel fancy enough for DE :shame:

Anybody know if Jessica Simpson has a 30 or 35?? I love her size bag and she's a shorty too.

Really? I wear my de with EVERYTHING! lol IMO it goes with absolutely anything. But to each their own =)
She has a 35 I believe. If your getting the regular speedy then I think the 35 looks best!

I think I am kinda boring because I try to branch out to other patterns but keep going back to mono. I love the look. Do you think you can tie a scarf around the handles to protect them from your hands? Or sometimes I just grab the middle not the straps.

I don't like the patina really either, but I just can't stop buying the monogram.;)

P.S. Your boys are too cute

Last edited:
I think I am kinda boring because I try to branch out to other patterns but keep going back to mono. I love the look. Do you think you can tie a scarf around the handles to protect them from your hands? Or sometimes I just grab the middle not the straps.

I don't like the patina really either, but I just can't stop buying the monogram.;)

P.S. Your boys are too cute

Thanks...I can't believe I'm having a third one soon!! Totally outnumbered but nobody will be stealing my stuff from my closet ;) and I'm totally leaning towards mono...it's always been my in my gut.