I can't believe that my bestfriend is using a fake!

Jan 14, 2007
As LV junkie, I buy nothing but the real thing, but during the weekend, I meet up with my bestfriend for a catchup and there she was lugging around a fake Mini Lin bag.

I know it is a fake as the Mini Lin never came in that shape/style (it was a similar shape to the diaper bag, but it definitely wasn't the diaper and the interior of the bag was the material is same as the interior of the mono NF, when it should have been something that is solid brown. (unless someone knows that there is a bag like this that existed)

It just really frasutrates me that for the whole time she was trying to pass the bag as the real thing, when, there I was with my real Mahina in hand... :pout:

Has anyone else been in the same situation? Did you go and tell her that her bag is a fake?

How about trying to get her interested in the LV website to "see what else you might like" and then when she sees the prices she will realize hers can't be real (unless she really didn't know and was conned out of a lot of money!)

Honestly, until I came on here I would have probably paid $150 for an LV and believed I had the real deal!

It's possible she really doesn't know - but I'd try to clue her in before someone does so in a rude or condescending manner.

It depends on your relationship and her character. Personally I don't really care if any of my friends carry fakes. Actually a very close mentor of mine owns some fakes. She's admits it. She has loads of money but spending $$$$ on bags is not her thing. To each his own.

As for your friend, does she honestly believe it is real? Maybe she got duped by a re-seller or it was a gift. If this was the case maybe you can tell her it's a fake tactfully. If she insist that she bought it at an actual LV store then maybe she isn't as honest as you think.

I guess it all boils down to how you value your friendship. :shrugs:

i dont care if my friends carry fakes. i dont like my friends for their bags, i like them because we have fun together. they know all my bags are real and sometimes they even make fun of their own fakes.

Why does it frustrate you? The fact that she's trying to pass a fake off as real? And is lying to you? Maybe it was a gift and she genuinely has no idea it is fake! Why condemn someone who may be naive or innocent?

i have a family friend who cant get enough of fake designer bags she knows they are fake and never lets anyone think the are authentic but the thing that p***** me off is that when i see her (i have an authentic bag on me) she cant wait to "get in line" for it. She will say something like "oh when you dont want that anymore you can pass it my way" that makes me mad that she wont spend her money on a nice bag but cant wait for someone to spend on her.

A different friend loves her fake Guess bag, yes you read right FAKE GUESS YYYYYUUUUUUCCCCCCKKKKKK

i dont care if my friends carry fakes. i dont like my friends for their bags, i like them because we have fun together. they know all my bags are real and sometimes they even make fun of their own fakes.

me too.. doesn't bother me at all. not everyone can afford it or not everyone wants to spend that kinda money on a bag. people are into different things. it only bothers me when that person knows it's fake and tries to pass it as real and in doing so, has a weird almost snobby attitude about it if you know what i mean.

My sister only buys fake bags because she spends most of her money on expensive furniture. I'm not going to judge her. My daughter when she was 14 bought me a fake LV wallet at our local indoor mall for my birthday. I would never buy a fake but I'm not going to tell people what to do with their money.

i have a family friend who cant get enough of fake designer bags she knows they are fake and never lets anyone think the are authentic but the thing that p***** me off is that when i see her (i have an authentic bag on me) she cant wait to "get in line" for it. She will say something like "oh when you dont want that anymore you can pass it my way" that makes me mad that she wont spend her money on a nice bag but cant wait for someone to spend on her.

A different friend loves her fake Guess bag, yes you read right FAKE GUESS YYYYYUUUUUUCCCCCCKKKKKK

Fake Guess!? Yikes - I don't even like the real ones!

Well, my best friend has some fake damier bags ( actully she has some authenticates LVs too), I have to admit that sometimes I feel embarrassed when I hang out with her and she is carrying one of her fakes, while at the same time I am with my real LVs. I am afraid that people might think mine is fake as well.

Are you grown ups? I could care less what someone else carries, but I will not carry fakes. PS my friend loves fake Diors ---if she likes it thats her, most people do not spend over 200 for a handbag.