I can't believe it's happened again, EBAY!

tireebabe

May 11, 2008
You may all remember the hassle I had with my Aqua Roxanne about 2 months ago. I sold it on ebay and then the buyer stated it was fake. For an easy life I gave her a full refund.

Well, to my delight, yesterday I got a fairly low but acceptable offer which I accepted and posted the Roxanne straight away.

The buyer received it this morning and guess what she says.....it's fake. I can't believe this is happening to me again.

I could cry!!!!

Tiree I am so sorry this has happened again. Have you referred her to here at all for authentication? In your listing did you say anything about no refunds? What are her reasons for stating it is a fake? She could just be trying it on, stick to your guns and get more info.

hi that is awful
i wouldn't refund either my ebay eperience with oak ledbury fizzled out when i refused to answer stupid emails about the bag been torn etc i think she got fed up in the end because i had asked for proof to which none was given

i would simply say one thing to her and that is to prove it is a fake that should shut her up cheeky ***

let us know how you go but definatly do not give in , i persume she doesn't like the colour or the glove leather etc and hasn't seen one in real life xx

hi that is awful
i wouldn't refund either my ebay eperience with oak ledbury fizzled out when i refused to answer stupid emails about the bag been torn etc i think she got fed up in the end because i had asked for proof to which none was given

i would simply say one thing to her and that is to prove it is a fake that should shut her up cheeky ***

let us know how you go but definatly do not give in , i persume she doesn't like the colour or the glove leather etc and hasn't seen one in real life xx

After emailing her back and forward it seems to be a concern with the D rings having leather rather than suede and their being no disc inside.

Bayley, do you know if York still have the aqua roxy, I've advised my buyer to call there and and them to compare over the phone with the one she has purchased.

I specifically said in my listing that the buyer should be familiar with the leather and colour etc so I could avoid this type of thing happening.

Tiree I am so sorry this has happened again. Have you referred her to here at all for authentication? In your listing did you say anything about no refunds? What are her reasons for stating it is a fake? She could just be trying it on, stick to your guns and get more info.

No, I think she genuinely likes it but just has a few concerns as she isn;t familiar with the glove leather etc etc etc, yawn. yawn....I'm so tired of this.

Isn't it wierd how you can be on a high cause it's Friday then one email can make you feel shi**y?

^^ Totally. Personally I would just suggest she takes it to a mulberry store to post down to SM to get it authenticated. You know its authentic so if she has any doubts she should do the leg work.

Send her a link to the authenticate thread,then she can find out from several peeps all in one place that its genuine.Plus its by folk who know you,know how long you have had the bag,don't buy fakes etc,that would probably set her mind at rest.
Thats what gets me at times,why are'nt more questions asked before the deal is done,I always state no returns,so any issues or queries have to be resolved before money changes hands.That way,its more of the buyers responsibilty than yours.

Your responsibilty is sort of done and dusted in as much as you are'nt flogging a fake bag,and are selling with goodwill and confidence,the rest really is up to the buyer.

After all,you don't buy a car without checking if its petrol or diesel,2 or 4 doors do you?? So why not ask before you buy a bag?? Its not like she has it in front of her to look at it,so she really should ask more questions before taking the plunge.Thats just my opinion though.

Send her a link to the authenticate thread,then she can find out from several peeps all in one place that its genuine.Plus its by folk who know you,know how long you have had the bag,don't buy fakes etc,that would probably set her mind at rest.
Thats what gets me at times,why are'nt more questions asked before the deal is done,I always state no returns,so any issues or queries have to be resolved before money changes hands.That way,its more of the buyers responsibilty than yours.

Your responsibilty is sort of done and dusted in as much as you are'nt flogging a fake bag,and are selling with goodwill and confidence,the rest really is up to the buyer.

After all,you don't buy a car without checking if its petrol or diesel,2 or 4 doors do you?? So why not ask before you buy a bag?? Its not like she has it in front of her to look at it,so she really should ask more questions before taking the plunge.Thats just my opinion though.

Chaz, I totally agree with you. It's paypal that is my concern. Buyers just have so many more rights than sellers. I will refuse to refund if the buyers pushes for it and I'll hold on for as long as I can but if she starts a paypal dispute then I don't have much faith in my keeping the payment.

^^^ Im so sorry this is happening again, I imagine it is really stressful! Not much more to add, but just to say I hope you get it sorted out soon. Refer her to the authenticate thread (if you havent already). As mentioned previously, a lot of this might be due to lack of knowledge so to speak. When I was a newbie to mulberry I thought that all the bags should have suede on the d rings, however after seeing some roxannes at bicester, I realised that the glove leather styles dont have visible suede.

What a nightmare for you - I can confirm that not all the Roxannes have suede on the D ring - I have a handstitched one on 3 shades of brown and mine doesn't. It does have a disc but no serial number - and I bought it from the Mulberry website!