I can't believe it happened in Hermes store long Island.

Hah, why would they want to secure the transaction by a deposit? :biggrin: If the person who ordered it declines it, there are dozens of women lining up to get their greedy little mitts on that "cast-off" (and loads of them are on tPF, right ladies? ;) )

I don't believe that story either.

Is she sure she was in an H boutque or maybe it was some "shady" place that has fakes ... Of course, this didn't happen in an H boutique. It is either a fabrication or misunderstanding of some sort.

Is she related to Steven Speilberg :jammin: :jammin: I can't believe you believe that. And there is no racial discrimiation at H. and 35cm's are not twice as much as 30cm either. Wow! Poor girl she has been watching to many episodes of Ophra.:crybaby:

^ good points Kallie Girl! I'm glad to see everyone so quick to defend H's honor but, let's not assume this person is fabricating EVERYTHING, and I really don't like the idea of calling someone out over a story they've wanted to share.

Perhaps she misunderstood, or purchased the bag somewhere else and was taken advantage of. Regardless, she isn't a tPFer and we should be sympathetic! After all, if she WAS a member here, we could have assisted her in this manner and all would be well!

I'm sad when anyone has a bad retail experience and especially whenever one has a negative experience with H! Even if it isn't H...she might think it is (and isn't that just sadder??!).

Let's be supportive of the person and supportive of the brand.

This is really funny. If the Hermes stores have any prejudices, it's probably a preference for asians. The SAs in my local store all agree that asian ladies are some of their best customers.

I remember this very clealy, one day one of the SAs put it very diplomatically as the topic came up:"They really appreciate fine leather goods". My DH who happened to be with me that day muttered under his breath:"Sure and they are willing to pay for it too!". :P

I am totally for H store and my experience there was great! I do think she might get conned or what not since it was her "friend" who ordered for her. Maybe she was not there and her friend just made things up . Who knows?! BTW, I do learn some english here such as " hogwash" and some other words. My DH was surprised how purseblog can be so intellectually educational, LOL( He was joking and complain I am more addicted to this site rather than him.and i always drag him out to go shopping after reading something new.):graucho:

I do think she might get conned or what not since it was her "friend" who ordered for her.

This makes the most sense. How horrible that someone would con your friend! Tell her to not give anymore money to this person. The whole thing smells like a scam. :yucky:

When in doubt, only buy from Hermes or a trusted established reseller like we know here! Too many scam artists out there!

And there is no racial discrimiation at H. Wow! Poor girl she has been watching to many episodes of Ophra.:crybaby:

Yes, there is racial discrimination at Hermes.

But this story doesn't make sense. I believe the entire thing was fabricated. I mean maybe the friend was scamming her. But whatever the case I have never experienced this. I didn't put down a deposit for my special order. And the diploma thing is just WEIRD.

That sounds plain NUTS! I have shopped in many H stores, internationally, and they are not allowed to take a deposit according to FSH.....never mind the rest!:shrugs: