I can't believe I did this

sndc99

I work to buy Purses
O.G.
Apr 3, 2006
I am a woman of many bags I have been known to carry a bag for a month but that is pushing it. I bought the Madison Crimson Shoulder on Nov. 2nd. I'm still carrying it. I can't believe it. I even bought the black leather because of the love I have for the Crimson but I still did not change bags.

I was wondering could I really have found a bag that makes me happy enough to not want another? probably not but I was thinking back to the days were I only bought a bag or two a year and carried my bags forever. What happened to that girl? Could I go back to that. Could I be happy only buying one or two bags a year. I own enough to carry a different bag almost every week....(Crap I said that out loud.)

Every year I try to only buy a certain number of bags. I try around 5 and then I do sell some every year. I was thinking maybe just maybe I would try 3 next year. I cringe at saying that....what if I want more. I have issues

Also my Sales Ladies at my Coach store sent out the cutest Christmas Cards....It was them holding their favorite things....I think I shop too much.

I think it's great that you have found a bag that you love so much!
I know what you mean about almost having so many bags. I could switch my bag every couple weeks and not use the same one twice in a year. (That really does put it in perspective for you, doesn't it? sheesh)
I've never sold any of my bags. I've considered it but I'm just not sure I could part with any of them. However, I am trying to watch my spending and really only buying bags that I *have to have* now, lol.
Good luck with only buying a few per year. ;)
Let us know how that works out for you, hehe.

Lol. I usually buy one bag and carry it for months, around 6 months or more and I don't buy another unless I have to have it or don't like my current one. Then I usually sell my bag to put funds towards the new purchase. I am probably weird though.

This year, 2011, I plan to buy two bags...one Kristin satchel and probably a nice tote or crossbody for the summer. That is it. Let's see if we can all stay on goal. ;)

Seems like a lot of ladies are thinking of down sizing their collections and shopping limits. Maybe we should start a support club! :hugs::yes:

OP---you are SO me! I was just posting about this in another thread. I have alot of bags that really never get much use because I play favorites so bad. Yet I cannot bear to get rid of them, and probably won't! My Kristins are probably my absolute faves right now and I find it hard to switch from them, so I know what you mean totally! I, too, have issues in this very department. I have no solutions :P

Maybe that's your way of getting yourself out of the Coach hole? lol. I wish I could wear a single bag for an entire month and not be feeling bored! I am often wondering as well where the girl with that single handbag went lol... I was fine with a $10 faux croc bag from JC Pennies for a LONG time, and I've had maybe a total of 5 cheap bags that I always rotated before Coach, and it never crossed my mind that I need more :P lol
I totally screwed myself too... When somebody finds a cure, feel free to pm me :smile:

If you love the bag and you don't want to switch it out...........ENJOY THE RIDE. Your wallet will thank you. When you're ready to switch, you'll do it. Don't try to second guess it, just enjoy it for as long as it lasts.

Great advise everyone. I think my issue was more of a surprise than anything else. I can't believe I didn't want to switch. So that has me thinking maybe I shouldn't buy so many....maybe I could be that girl again. That would be nice for my wallet and my sanity. This always wanting something new is killing me. I like being happy with my bag.

When I bought my Crimson Shoulder Bag...I could see myself changing into another bag...it really took me around 2 months to change....but I keep going back to her....

i'm so proud of you for having an 'it' bag that erases that need to get more! i kind of want to be there,where i'm satisfied with one bag, but i think it's just my personality to run through the stores like ms pac man.

^^Ha Ha!

I was wondering could I really have found a bag that makes me happy enough to not want another? probably not but I was thinking back to the days were I only bought a bag or two a year and carried my bags forever. What happened to that girl? Could I go back to that. Could I be happy only buying one or two bags a year.
I used to carry one bag until it practically fell apart. I've occasionally though that it would be nice to be like that again, but I know it will never happen! I have tried though, to trim my collection and only buy/keep bags that I truly love and want to carry. I can see why you don't want to switch...the Crimson Shoulder Bag is stunning!

I was thinking maybe just maybe I would try 3 next year. I cringe at saying that....what if I want more. I have issues

Ha Ha...that cracked me up!

^^ Make no mistake....I really want the new Sophia Lazer cut thats coming out. I think the whole not changing out my bag made me think maybe I could do this. Chances are not in my favor. I just wish I could....I can't even go on a BAN or even mention it and I break out in a cold sweat.....LOL

i'm so proud of you for having an 'it' bag that erases that need to get more! i kind of want to be there,where i'm satisfied with one bag, but i think it's just my personality to run through the stores like ms pac man.

LMAO!

I play BIG TIME favorites with my bags. I started carrying my anthracite Claire in late November. I switch into crossbody bags on the weekends, but otherwise I can carry the same workday bag for several weeks in a row. I switched from Claire into last winter's favorite (and one of my Top 5 Favorite Bags) my black/black siggy Zoe this week because I wanted a better shoulder carry experience in the cold weather, high winds and snow. See, I LOVE my Zoe, but by Friday (yesterday) I was already planning to move back into anthracite Claire this upcoming Monday. I missed the season-perfect anthracite leather and the houndstooth lining.

I find that when I accept my bag rotation preferences, it's easier for me to weed out bags that I'd barely have "time" to carry. For one, it keeps me from buying too many summer bags when I know I'm going to focus on my faves anyway and there are only three months to carry them all.