I can't believe I did this..HELP!!

sagranch

O.G.
Sep 10, 2006
So, I bought the Peace/Love/Happiness key fob with the rhinestones and someone suggested dibbling crazy glue around the stones so they won't fall out and stupid me listened and did it and now my key chain is ruined because the sparkly stones are now a dull white. Yuck, is there anything I can do..is it possible to remove crazy glue from rhinestones?! Thanks for any help

Hmm, what about Goo Gone? I'm unsure if it is safe to use on the fob... but I got superglue on my countertop and used Goo Gone on it and it lifted it. They make a spray gel now... it's thicker and stays put. You may want to try that. Spray it on a Q-tip and then apply it to the stones individually. This may work, possible worth a shot. Good luck!!

My suggestion is to tell whomever that told you that horrible idea to give you $58.00 for a new keychain.

ITA! I've never heard of doing this in my life... if anything isn't there some sort of clear-coat in the craft section at Michael's that would work better? Like, modge podge? I don't think I'd reccomend using it on anything Coach, but I'd be more inclined to use that than superglue! :tdown:

Be careful with the Goo Gone. They actually make two types of Goo Gone. One is an industrial strength type cleaner and is VERY strong, it comes in a small tin can type thing. Reminds me of laquer thinner that removes paint. There is also a more diluted version that a lot of supermarkets carry that comes in a spray bottle. I would try that one first if you go this route. I think the products are Goo Gone and Goof Off 2 or something like that.

OK....just to be clear...I am NOT suggesting this. But doesn't crazy glue dissolve with nail polish remover? I seem to remember some childhood prank of my brothers and this is how it was solved. In that case I would try nail polish remover with a Qtip BUT not before I tested it on something else first.

what about a magic eraser...i know it gets off all kinds of stuff...maybe it will get it off the rhinestones enough to let them shine a bit...just a thought and i have never tried it.

Ouch. Sorry. I have a rhinestone keychain that has seen a lot of use and I've never treated it or lost a stone. Perhaps I was just lucky, or perhaps they are making them better than they used to.

I would DEFINITELY tell whoever gave you that info for your money back.

I work for a fashion jewelry company and super glue should not be used with rhinestones as it gives it that cloudy appearance once applied. It's something about the composition of the glue when it dries and bonds to the rhinestone, so even if you do get it off, it'll have the same appearance. Glue should only be used (like E6000) to place a stone back in the setting.

Sorry dear! Hope you can get some of your money back!!!