I cant believe I am asking this....

People think I'm CRAZY for spending $300+ on a bag but I think of it like this, some girls like diamonds, I like purses. Or something like that.

I might be going to Coach on Monday with this girl that I'm beginning to become friends with and i know she's gonna be like you spent HOW MUCH on that! LOL.

But IDC I like them and am ok with the money I spendand so is my boyfriend, so as long as I'm not going broke over it, I'll keep doing it.

You know....I too wondered what "changed" for me. And then I read an article in the LA Times and it seems that as women dress more casually, handbags and shoes have become the must-have accessory rather than being dressed in designer duds from head to toe. Look at young Hollywood....jeans and casual tops but VERY high end handbags. And so we all follow. Personally? I blame it all on Balenciaga!! :smile:

Yup, I thought it was a bit much. Then it all changed. I thought a $150 demi was ok, a $70 @ the outlet was cool (STILL IS!!!). Then it was $200, 250, 300, 398... I still stop at $400. That python at $798 gives me the chills, I'd rather get 2 others. Now that I'm jobless and hubby has to pay all our bills with his sole income it all stopped.

LOL I am just about to start med school end of July! What year of school are ya in or are you a resident now?

YEAH I am totally a bag addict and I know I will probably gradually go for the more expensive brands after residency lol! Can't wait for school to be OVER and I haven't even started yet! HAHA! :smile:

I'll be starting my third (and last) year of residency on July 1st.

No. Can't ever remember. Have been a long time addict. Must have happened to me in the womb.:shrugs:

This is me too :yes:, my addiction has gotten better in my eyes thou I used to buy all chanel handbags but I was always worried that something happened to them. Got tiered of always taking care of the way I put it down, where I put it, not to scratch it. I found coach and I'm happy they are so casual. :yahoo:. Everyone thinks I have a thing for C's first Chanel now Coach:roflmfao:.

As a teenager doused in Vogue magazine, I would not blink at spending an entire pay check on one pair of shoes. I never looked for a sale or a deal, I looked specifically for that perfect thing! I don't have a lot of stuff, but I have (my) best things that really matter, that we use frequently. (I like someone else's comment about "in the womb" a knowing for nice things.

Money is a reflection of my time spent earning it. If it took a week to get what I wanted then so be it. It had to be right and functional, unfrivolous.

You know....I too wondered what "changed" for me. And then I read an article in the LA Times and it seems that as women dress more casually, handbags and shoes have become the must-have accessory rather than being dressed in designer duds from head to toe. Look at young Hollywood....jeans and casual tops but VERY high end handbags. And so we all follow. Personally? I blame it all on Balenciaga!! :smile:

That's what you call "CALIFORNIA Casual!" When I was younger it was called casual elegance. Put on your red lips and sunglasses. We don't care about seasonal colors as much as the east. The easterners may think of us as barbarians rough, and uncouth!?!

I remember debating long and hard over which Calvin Klein bag to buy because I did not want to spend the money on both since they were $50 each! And then I went to Perlina and could not believe I had spent over $100 per bag (bought 2 that time). I used those bags for 10 years though. I waited a long time to buy my SAC (can't remember how to spell it - it's late, i'm tired) as I had a long term crush on them. My first Coach was just over $200 (my Poppy Duffle) and I remember feeling so nervous I was spending so much money! My next was only ***$50*** if you can believe it for a white Hamptons optic tote so I got addicted cheaply and have now moved up. My most expensive out of pocket so far has been my $698 satchel which I got for $525 + tax and my Mandy that I got for $470 + tax. Now I am considering a Fendi Spy for $1100...but not anytime soon!

My first Coach was $168 and to me then that was a LOT but it was worth it. Before that, all of my bags were like Nine West/Kenneth Cole from TJ Maxx and Marshalls and cost maybe $40 at the most (and even $40 was crazy then). Like others have said, $200 is a steal to me now!!

I wasn't much of a handbag girl until I hit 8th grade. I bought my first American Eagle purse that year.I thought 15 bucks on sale was expensive until my Junior year of high school when I was introduced to Coach. I then fell in love with the mini sig small flap in black/silver. It was 198 dollars and I lusted over it for 4 months before I finally bought it. Man that was the best day of my life. Now I am on my 4th bag just two years later and am looking to get two more if I find certain ones at the outlet.:graucho: My family(especially my boyfriend) is still getting used to the fact that I spend so much money on bags but it's my "thing". This is what I like to buy and I am fortunate that I have a good job that is secure and pays well for how old I am. Mind you I am going to college all the while. I just started getting my younger and only sister(age 15) into designers and it's been so much fun going shopping with her. I almost bought her the large white leather carly yesterday until I realized that it might end up at the outlet in a few weeks. She is really into Chanel and I find that hilarious because a 500 dollar pair of shoes doesn't fase her anymore! lol! She really wants a pair of ballet flats. My cousin who can afford LV and chanel just went to Italy and bought a fake speedy 25. I was kind of upset that she would buy a fake, specially since we always talk about handbags. It is a really really good fake though...:shrugs:
Sorry for the long post!

I have always purchased Coach bags but they were way more affordable 15 years ago ($200 range). I find that if I love something and will get use out of it I will spend $500 on a bag, but the quality has to be there. I have not reached my limit but I think that $798 on a Mandy in the fall will be it.

Personally? I blame it all on Balenciaga!! :smile:

:roflmfao: :roflmfao: Me too!!

LOL... however I definately remember a time when I "looked but didn't touch", so to speak. DH was just asking the other day, 'What happened to me?', because he thought I didn't used to be as bag obsessed... I told him, I WAS as bag obsessed, I just didn't have the means to act on it!! :graucho:

I remember the days of early college, when all of my bags came from American Eagle, Espirit, Tommy Hilfiger, Nine West, etc. and I felt the need to spend more on clothes, then bags. However... towards the latter part of college, I started oogling over Coach and seeing it as more of a possibility. (What's getting another going out outfit that is just going to get ruined, when I can get a bag that will last forever....He he he....) I ended up getting my first two Coach bags at the same time, at an outlet...

It has steadily gone downhill since then. :P Then I bought my first matching set from the boutique... then I bought a new bag or set each "season"... THEN I starting seeing multiple things within a season that I needed... You get the idea...

Then, like Becca... I was drawn to the darkside of other brands, and about 5 years later I've hit the 4 digit mark and I'm officially bag crazy. :wacko:

I just got sucked into the world of Coach a few months ago. Before, I carried cheap bags ($50 or under) from like Target or someplace like that and I must have been really rough on them because they never lasted long for me. Then I had this one bag that I got on ebay for like $20 and I was in love with it-it wasn't a name brand or anything but it lasted me for years and I got complimented on it regularly. I wish I could find another bag like that :crybaby: When that bag fell apart I hit a period where I just couldn't find anything that I really liked. I carried a cheap Claire's bag for a bit but it fell apart pretty quickly. Then a friend gave me a Kohl's bag as a gift and I was carrying that when I somehow stumbled upon the Coach site and fell in love with the classic rambler's legacy. Dh bought me one on ebay and the quality really impressed me.

Fast forward to now when I'm carrying a black Ali (bought heavily disocunted for about $320) and am about to get myself something new this week-likely the Chelsea mineral hobo. So I'm now ok with spending $300 or so on a bag and I wonder how far this will actually go. $300 is pretty much my limit for now but in a few years when I'm out of college and working full time again, who knows? :P