I cannot watch the new King Kong movie!

bagnshoofetish

Oh. Gee.
O.G.
Feb 12, 2006
:crybaby: Its been running like mad on cable all week and the gorilla is so real :crybaby:looking right down to how gorrillas really behave with each other and humans :crybaby:that I cannot bear to watch this movie knowing how it ends! :crybaby: While surfing thru the channels I fell upon the scene where he is "skating" on the ice with Naomi Watts and I just lost it! :crybaby: I could not change the channel fast enough! I will NEVER watch this movie.
None of my co-workers are able to watch it either. Especially the great ape team.
Am I the only wimp in here?

Nope - count me in on that one. I watched it once. Never again.

I really lost it at the end. I can't stand cruelty to animals, and he was just too real.

I was watching it at night, and my boyfriend went to bed. It was at the part where he's in the cave, and they were
throwing barrels of ether at him. I told BF that I didn't think I liked the movie. He said yeah, you won't like the ending
either. He was so right!

I think the movie sucks. That's my opinion.

Do you work with apes? An old friend of mine works with monkeys, apes, etc.

I work with all animals at our zoo but right now am "headquartered" in our nursery. I have worked with chimps, orangs and silverbacks and they are part of our "family". Its one thing when we lose an animal to old age or illness but it is entirely human-like when one of the greater apes die. the grief is like losing a person.

Nope - count me in on that one. I watched it once. Never again.

I really lost it at the end. I can't stand cruelty to animals, and he was just too real.

From what I've heard about the last lines in the movie, I think thats what this version was really driving home, how human beings treat animals like they are expendable "nobody's". Its hard enough dealing with that in real life than to have to watch it illustrated for 2 hours in a movie. :sad:

I have this strange connection to gorillas, IDK why. I cant even watch orangutan island. the episode when he got bit by the snake, I was crying like a baby. Gosh I would love to work at a zoo, even though I feel sad when i go to them. Animals are just so awesome! even straing at my cat when I see shows on lions tiger etc.. its so easy to see the far distant cousins in them. so cool!

I have this strange connection to gorillas, IDK why. I cant even watch orangutan island. the episode when he got bit by the snake, I was crying like a baby. Gosh I would love to work at a zoo, even though I feel sad when i go to them. Animals are just so awesome! even straing at my cat when I see shows on lions tiger etc.. its so easy to see the far distant cousins in them. so cool!

I'm glad I don't feel sad when I go (I am an animal keeper). The animals need me! ;)

I remember seeing this article in the Daily Mail about how there's going to be a crackdown on illegal gorilla poachers. They had a photograph of dead gorillas and it blew me away seeing those lifeless faces.

Damned poachers!

I remember seeing this article in the Daily Mail about how there's going to be a crackdown on illegal gorilla poachers. They had a photograph of dead gorillas and it blew me away seeing those lifeless faces.

Damned poachers!

:yucky: I know. Please don't go there.
Lets try to keep the thread about the movie otherwise I'll just get all worked up KWIM? :sad:

OMG, I thought I was the only one!!

I remember having to sit in the theatre until everyone left because I could not stop crying. It was soooooo sad!

And this past weekend...sure enough, I started watching it and again, I started crying!