I cannot figure out this chain issue!!!

StarBrite310

Purse & Jewelry Fanatic!
O.G.
Jun 6, 2007
I got a WOC today and now I don't think I can keep it :sad: For the past couple of hours I have been driving myself crazy trying to figure out why the chain is twisted the way it is. I noticed it when I was trying it on cross body and the chain would keep twisting.

So the part inside the sewed part of the bag is laying completely flat and because the chain is like in a circle with no opening, the entire thing should lay flat when spreading it out, if you know what I mean.

No matter what I do, one side starts to curl and wants to twist the opposite way. I have gone through the entire chain over and over trying to see if the leather is put in wrongly, or a part of the hardware is backwards or wonky, but nope!!!

I checked my classic flaps and they are all perfect and when they have gotten a little messed up in the past, I was able to easily fix it.

Does anyone know what it could be as to why my chain is twisting up??? It doesn't seem like you can fix it on the thin little chains.

This cannot be normal on the WOC. Please help!!

Aw, sorry to hear that about your brand new WOC. There might be one bad link in the chain that's causing it to twist the other way. If you spent hours on it already, I would try to get another one from the store if they are in stock, or have the SA call around for another one.

Aw, sorry to hear that about your brand new WOC. There might be one bad link in the chain that's causing it to twist the other way. If you spent hours on it already, I would try to get another one from the store if they are in stock, or have the SA call around for another one.

I think you are probably right about one bad link. Even if I could find it, it doesn't seem possible to fix on this thinner chain.

Regarding another one, unfortunately it's the black quilted caviar with ghw. I have been on the list forever and finally got it today. It may be very difficult to find another so soon :shucks: