~I broke my pinky toe last night~

ouuchh!! you are one brave lady I have to say! I would have passed out, knowing me haha. I wonder what your kids were thinking haha, were they scared? And, I definantely know how it feels to have a broken toe, so I feel your pain! I hope you have a speedy recovery.. and perhaps get the handicapped spot at the mall haha im kidding!!:graucho::graucho::yahoo:

Oh my goodness, that sounds so painful! I hope that your podiatrist prescribed you some good pain killers! How long will it take to heal? I am so sorry that happened to you. Take care.

Poor dear! I fractured my third toe (on my left foot) in two places once when I walked into a rocking chair rocker. (It hurt like a bastard!)

(And it healed slightly crooked.)

Watch out for the bruising! (Maybe wear socks.) The doctor will probably give you a snappy shoe to wear while you heal.

Stay off your foot for awhile!

Luckily my toe didn't bruise. I did get one of those snappy shoes :yucky: - it's so ugly! I will be walking around with my socks on from now on. I actually took them off right before it happened because my daughters spilled water on the floor when they were taking a bath. Lucky me right...

Hope you heal super quickly! One of my husband's metal clamps that he uses for woodworking fell from where it was stored and landed square on the toe next to my big toe on my left foot. The bone was "shattered" but not broken, thanks to my fuzzy slippers that provided some kind of padding. I had to have my foot wrapped for two months and had to wear that horrid shoe boot in the dead of winter. It still bothers me when the weather is changing and if there is a change in the air pressure (like when on an airplane).
Ouch! I was wondering about that. I guess only time will tell.:confused1:

super ouch!!! hope it heals quickly. the podiatrist had to rebreak it to set it in place? you brave soul. the pain must be unbearable. hopefully they gave you the good stuff.wish you a speedy recovery!

He didn't give me any medication only!! I was so nervous I was shaking. He gave me local anesthesia so it didn't hurt at all. He told me what he was going to do in some medical tem & I said so what does that mean & he said he was going to re-brake it & then move it over & put it back into place. Sounds painful but I only felt him pulling my toe around. It felt soooooooo much better when he was done.

ouuchh!! you are one brave lady I have to say! I would have passed out, knowing me haha. I wonder what your kids were thinking haha, were they scared? And, I definantely know how it feels to have a broken toe, so I feel your pain! I hope you have a speedy recovery.. and perhaps get the handicapped spot at the mall haha im kidding!!:graucho::graucho::yahoo:

I wish! ;)

I had to dress my daughters & do their hair while I was hysterical crying so they were really confused. My daughters didn't know what to do. They would cry & then stop. They asked me if I was going to die & then they started to tell each other Mommy is going to die. My son was who I thought would've been nervous was the total opposite. He was so calm. My son was looking at me like WTH is going on. I told him I broke my toe & he was like no you didn't.

Ouch! I was wondering about that. I guess only time will tell.:confused1:

My doctor didn't give me any painkillers either, only an anti-inflammatory which I took once and then promptly stopped after it upset my stomach. My podiatrist told me the twinges I was feeling would last about a year- year and a 1/2. And I HATED wearing the stupid shoe boot, even though it does give you the best support, and took to wearing my Ugg boots which were not only warmer but the only shoes I could get on over the bandage. Hang in there!!!

My neighbor broke her pinky toe maybe 7 times, it is a bit of a joke now. She had to tape her toe close to her other toe and did much better wearing a pair of socks at all times. She also got a nice pair of UGG flat clog slippers and wore them as shoes, they were the only things that seemed comfortable for her. Hope you heal fast.

The nurse didn't snap my toe back! (Thank God!)

She taped the broken one to the intact one.

About a week later, we went to the wake / funeral of my grandmother and the only topics of conversation were how sorry people were for our loss and why was I wearing that shoe thing on my foot?