I broke my black bag habit - with gusto!!!

katev

"The Bag Whisperer!"
O.G.
Dec 18, 2009
Sorry, this is long, but this is an epic moment in my short (but intense) coach-obsessive life!

I don't have many coach bags but most of them are black and I've returned some black bags, too. My first coach was a khaki/sand sig parker hippie but since then I've been stuck in a black rut. I love my black bags but I recognize that I need to diversify a little!

I went to the outlet last night (to return a black bag!) and I was very tempted by all the new FP delete peytons - they were beautiful bags at a very good price. But I resisted because I wasn't loving them. No insult to peyton-lovers is intended, they are just not my style. The embossed croc carryalls are gorgeous, but I like shoulder bags with secure closure. The metallic shoulder bag is to die for - but I liked more structured bags. The slim envelope wallets were wonderful, but I like checkbook wallets.

It was hard but I walked away,but I am so glad that I did! I live close to the outlet (which can be both a blessing and a curse!) and so I ran over again tonight to see if they had anything else new.

As always, I first checked out the 50% off clearance section and there wasn't much new - the most interesting things were some cherry sig smaller brookes and a tatto canvas pink foldover.

And then I saw her! Sitting quietly by herself, all alone on a bottom shelf!

I swear that I have never reacted the same way to a purse before in my entire life. I snatched her up so fast - my hands were trembling and I was breathing heavy - I was afraid I was going to have heart palpitations! This was the most beautiful bag I had ever seen. I had barely ever looked at her before because the price was WAAAY out of my reach - but now she's mine and she is spectacular! And I got her for a fraction of the original cost.

This was my fastest coach purchase, ever. Usually I check everything out carefully and mull over a bag and model it in front of the mirror and wonder if it's a good choice. If I buy it I often take it home and worry about it for awhile and I sometimes decide to take it back - but not this baby! Tonight I just did a quick survey of the store ("Oh yeah, peytons, pretty! How long is that darn checkout line?!") The end result is that she lives in my house now!

Want to know what I got and how much she cost?

Last edited:
Reactions: americandreaming
I got a Sydney leather shoulder flap #14614 in teal blue with brass hardware! She's incredible!

The MSRP is $798 but with the 50% off clearance and the 30% coupon I paid just $266! I got her at the outlet in Aurora, IL. (I saved $532!)

She's in perfect condition without a mark on her and with her dustbag still folded neatly inside. There's a faint bullet on the creed but it doesn't bother me at all!

I will try to take some real life pics this weekend but in the meantime here are some stock photos, isn't she completely amazing and beautiful?!

And she certainly isn't "just another black bag"!!!

Attachments

• sydney1.jpg
    sydney1.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 308
  • sydney2.jpg
    sydney2.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 270
  • sydney3.jpg
    sydney3.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 275
  • sydney4.jpg
    sydney4.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 265
Last edited:
Reactions: americandreaming
Wow katev congrats!! That's the deal of the month!! I've seen this one IRL and love it but it's too pricey!! Soooo I hope I can get one like this.... Congrats again and I guess I'm breaking my ban... I hope I don't find her ;)

I got a Sydney shoulder leather flap in teal blue with brass hardware! She's incredible!

The MSRP is $798 but with the 50% off clearance and the 30% coupon I paid just $266! She's in perfect condition without a mark on her and with her dustbag neatly folded inside. There's a faint bullet on the creed but it doesn't bother me at all! I will try to take some real life pics this weekend but in the meantime here are some stock photos, isn't she beautiful!

Where did you get her??????