I bought X and is about to return Y...

SpeedyLover

Dec 14, 2009
bought somthing classic and paid 3275! I will do a reveal later. Called NYC just to get on the waitlist but Brendan said he got 1! It was supposed to be on hold till last night... he mentions that it was pouring hard and must be the reason why the bag is still available that late 1215PM. I say its fate!

I got the PST in Blue Roi last week and was very dissapointed with it! It looks gorgeous in pictures but IRL.. it just did not do it for me. I dont like the dark hardware nor do I like the shiny fake-looking leather. I have it boxed and ready to return via Fedex. I hate mailing expensive stuff and often wonder if switch and swap can happen during the process. I was at the fedex counter and the agent (a girl) asked for the value... when she heard its 1600 she further asks what it is.. I said.. "purse". so I further asks if in case it gets lost if the full amount will be covered and she said if you can prove that thats how much you paid yes... well I had some bad feelings about all of it so right when I was about to drive off, I went back inside and told her.. I forgot to sneak the reciept in and want to get my box back... she said she cant.. she would have to void the txn. She suggest I go home and get the reciept and she will hold on to my box. I drove off.. I was still nervous so after a block, I turn around and got my box from her. I told her my SA will have Fedex pick it up directly from my house... She still refused to give it back but I insisted... Up to now I am still trembling... has anyone had trouble mailing a chanel bag back?

I remember having to return/exchange a bag that I bought from BG. There was no problems. I packed up the bag and BG sent a FEDEX person w/ the shipping label and picked up the package.

not with the fedex. I have been using them for personal and business and never had problem even though with large value. one of the best shipping company imho.

i think as long as you have tracking with it, you'll be fine. since it's fedex, it will come with tracking, so just keep the tracking # they gave you. i've returned chanel using the return label that came with the package from dept. store, it was UPS, but it worked out fine.

With fedex, the tracking number is on your receipt correct? That way you can check in to see where the bag is during transit. Yes, BG is great where they will pick up the bag at your doorstep via fedex.

Don't worry- I think things will be fine- I often worry about things like this also- but I do think there are a lot of security cameras so she wouldn't be able to get away with it!!

no problem with FedEx, UPS, SpeedPost, etc. Just ensure you've picked the insurance option, I guess. Then you'll be paid up to the declared value in case of any loss or damage. If you are really concerned, you'd better call FedEx hotline and ask. That lady might have no idea and just made up her answer.

^Quoting from that article: "In all the years that we have shipped art across continents, we have never had something like this happen to us. FedEx has always been entirely reliable with their collection and delivery schedules, and the risk of blatant theft from a secured facility, honestly, never seriously crossed our minds." Which means that that occurrence was a rarity in itself. Yes it pays to be cautious but IMO SpeedyLover has very little to worry about. :smile: