I bought something from Louis Vuitton in Las Vegas...and it WASN'T a bag...SHOCKED!!

Omaha_2072

Back At Square One
Aug 1, 2008
My fiance & I just returned home from a short get-away to Vegas. Shortly before I left, I purchased a pre-loved Galliera PM in Damier Azur. So I personally couldn't justify buying another LV bag so soon. In all honesty, I had my heart set on returning home with a Louis Vuitton Agenda in Vernis (I was planning to decide on the color when I got there)...but...instead I fell in LOVE with these Louis Vuitton sunglasses...the color definitely sold me! :biggrin:

(Actual #'s found on the frame..maybe Style #'s?) Z0292W L0110

My SA (@ the LV boutique inside the Forum Shops @ Caesar's Palace) told me that Louis Vuitton doesn't include an actual cleaning cloth with their sunglass purchases? I'm supposed to just use the sleeper/storage bag to clean them with? My Gucci & Valentino sunglasses both have cleaning cloths with their designer names on them. My Chanel's don't though.

Attachments

• 4.1.2010.jpg
    4.1.2010.jpg
    4.3 KB · Views: 208
  • 4.1.2010.1.jpg
    4.1.2010.1.jpg
    3.9 KB · Views: 202
  • 4.1.2010.2.jpg
    4.1.2010.2.jpg
    4.4 KB · Views: 194
  • 4.1.2010.3.jpg
    4.1.2010.3.jpg
    4.2 KB · Views: 235
  • 4.1.2010.4.jpg
    4.1.2010.4.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 235
Last edited:
Nice sunnies! LV changed to giving the sleeper bag for your glasses in place of the polishing cloth...the sleeper bag works as a polishing cloth.

Please post modeling shots for us.

I will have my fiance take a couple modeling pix of me in my new LV sunglasses tonight & I will post on here tomorrow.

Side note...my SA also urged me NOT to wear my sunglasses on top of my head when I'm indoors/not needing to wear them. He said that wearing them on top of my head will stretch out the frames. I always wear my sunglasses on top of my head! Is it true that this habit is bad for them?!?

Nice sunnies! LV changed to giving the sleeper bag for your glasses in place of the polishing cloth...the sleeper bag works as a polishing cloth.

Please post modeling shots for us.

I have been told by several SA's to not wear your sunglasses on top of your head. It definitely stretches the frame out IMO. For you what you paid for these sunnies, you probably want to be a little careful so that stay looking fabulous for a long time.

Oh and about the cleaning cloth...several designers now only give you the sleeper pouch as you can use it to clean the glasses and protect them. My last pair of Chanels did this.

Wear sunglasses on your head is definitely bad. So is leaving them in a hot car, even just for a little while. On the bright side, they can reshape most sunglasses at Lenscrafters etc. if you do end up somehow morphing them, even sunglasses made of plastic! They heat them up with a machine and mold them back into place. I got it done for my Ferragamos and it worked like a charm.