I bought my first LV. I didn't know, but I didn't get a box..

i'm pretty sure you have to ask for a box. i was not given a box until i made another purchase and requested one.. the SA asked in return, "you would like this in a box?" like it was usually only for gifts..

I have always rcd. a box. I did hear that LV was having some sort of box shortage (funny but that's what they said) but was told that should be taken care of as of early June. Like others have said, call before you go just to be sure they have one available and I am sure they will give you one!

I didn't get a box with my first purchase because when I was leaving the boutique and looked inside the ridiculously huge bag I saw something all wrapped up in tissue and I figured they put it in a box. But turns out they had just put it (Neverfull GM) in the dust bag and wrapped it with tissue and put it in a huge bag. So I called the next day and they told me they don't usually come with a box unless you request it, and to come back in with my receipt and they would give me a box. I never went back though because it was a really long drive and I was really annoyed by the SA's at that boutique (the one in Toronto at Holt Renfrew in Yorkdale Mall?). I think it really depends on the location and the SA's at the boutique you shop from. If they are going to be rude and obnoxious to begin with then I know I have to ask for it, but if they are friendly and know anything about being a SA then you probably won't have to ask. Anyway, I just always make sure to ask for a box now every time because they are so great for storage. Definitely keeps me clutter free and organized!

Last edited:
I didn't get a box with my first purchase because when I was leaving the boutique and looked inside the ridiculously huge bag I saw something all wrapped up in tissue and I figured they put it in a box. But turns out they had just put it (Neverfull GM) in the dust bag and wrapped it with tissue and put it in a huge bag. So I called the next day and they told me they don't usually come with a box unless you request it, and to come back in with my receipt and they would give me a box. I never went back though because it was a really long drive and I was really annoyed by the SA's at that boutique (the one in Toronto at Holt Renfrew in Yorkdale Mall?). I think it really depends on the location and the SA's at the boutique you shop from. If they are going to be rude and obnoxious to begin with then I know I have to ask for it, but if they are friendly and know anything about being a SA then you probably won't have to ask. Anyway, I just always make sure to ask for a box now every time because they are so great for storage. Definitely keeps me clutter free and organized!

I never got a box too! Same store, Holt Renfrew at Yorkdale! I will call my SA and ask for a box!

Also, make sure it's the right sized box. I bought a Neverfull GM, and the SA put it in a ridiculously too small box. I don't know if I can describe it correctly, but she folded it in half twice and tucked the handles further bending them to make it fit. My husband did comment on the size of the box as soon as we left the store, but it honestly didn't register in my head until I got home and took it out. Oh, and for this trip the SA asked if I wanted a box. Every other time I have always had to ask for boxes.

I never got a box either... but then again, I don't have room for it and I'm not planning on selling it anytime soon. I'd rather them give me a catelogue instead! Anyone ask for a catelogue before? I got one in Hong Kong back in 2004... but I forgot to ask the SA here in Toronto.. I was in a bit of a rush (bought her on my lunch break exactly 2 weeks ago).