I bought a new (to me!) car!!!! :D

1. Hi everybody,

I bought a new-to-me car today! Eeeeeeeee, I'm so excited.

It's a 2001 Volkswagen Golf TDI Automatic Edition. I'm living in Germany now and most of the cars that we've seen that were in our price range were manuals and I just can't drive one for the life of me. It was a rare find to find my Golf.

It's basically got the works, on board computer and a whole bunch of other stuff that I don't know how to work yet, lol.

Pictures are attached! The pictures don't do the color of this car justice :smile: I never thought I would like a red car, but I looooooove this one!:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

IMG_3130_small_watermarked.jpg IMG_3131_small_watermarked.jpg IMG_3132_small_watermarked.jpg
  2. it is ....ahemm well....red :lol:
    but i am happy for you.
    oh btw you are living in germany please be honest do you really like it ? :hrmm:

3. why is it parked on the grass :lol:

4. New cars are so exciting and what a cute little red one it is!! If you don't mind me asking what part of Germany are you in? My BF just got a job with a German company that has an office in the US. It's possible we may get a trip there in the next 6 months!!

5. congrats!i know what it means not to be able to drive a manual car....:hrmm:

6. Congrats! It looks like a really fun car! Yes I am also manual-transmission challenged!

7. Woohoo, congrats!!! And there's nothing wrong with a red car! I have one and it suits my personality! Love the Golf:smile:

8. Yippee! Congratulations!!

9. Congrats! I just got a brand new car so I understand your excitment

10. congrats! as long as you have wheels to get around, it's great!

11. Very nice, congrat's

12. Congrats on your new car....drive safely:yes:

13. It's not parked on the grass. There are stones that it is parked on...I just kinda missed the stones a little bit! :biggrin: I live in a town that has very limited parking. It's either on street or in your own parking area which most people here don't have.

I love it here. I was born here, but lived in the US most of my life since my dad was in the Army. My parents recently split up and I moved back here with my mom. The only thing that's difficult (for me) about living in Germany is finding a job. The job market here is so terrible, but with patience and hard work it'll all work out :smile:

To be exact, I live in Prichsenstadt (http://www.prichsenstadt.de has a map that kinda shows where it is). Prichsenstadt is in north-western Bavaria, near Wuerzburg. It's by the A3 between Frankfurt and Nurnberg. It's about 1.5 hours away from Frankfurt and about an hour away from Nurnberg. :smile:

I never really liked red cars, but when I saw this one I fell in love. I think it's because it's such a bright red :smile:

Thanks everybody :smile:

14. I like it! Congratulations!

15. Congrats .......so where was you first road trip to ??

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice