I bought a fake(oh bum)can someone give paypal advice

wanabagsobad

one too many
Jan 15, 2010
Hi!
so I bought a fake on ebay :shrugs:, I went with my heart instead of my head and suprise, suprise the ugliest, fakiest of bags turned up.

I contacted the seller who (again suprise, suprise) didn't respond until the paypal complaint dropped into her lap blocking her payment, then all of a sudden she responds to say yes no problem send it me back to me and I will refund you by cheque.

She is answering me through the paypal dispute centre but is this enough?? Doesnt she need to accept to have it back throu paypal so that I then get to upload the tracking info etc.
I just feel that I'm gonna get stiffed here either with my shipping fees or for the whole amount. Whats to stop her from saying she never got it??

Is it too late to esculate to a claim after I have returned something ????

I hope someone can be bothered to read all that and can make head or tail of it :graucho:

Wait did you pay by paypal and she wants to return by Check? I wouldn't accept that. I would escalate the claim so you can put in your tracking number. Make sure you ad sig conf also if it is over 200. You may just want to do that anyway.

You have already returned the bag? Did you send with delivery or signature confirmation if you did?
DO NOT accept a refund via check. You can certainly escalate to a claim and you should at this point. Assuming you have tracking information for your return, be sure to give the tracking number to paypal. This way you won't have to deal with a bad check or no check at all.

Good luck! Keep us posted.

Agree with above poster: PLEASE say you used signature delivery confirmation to return this fake bag. You should only answer in the PP dispute (not by emails because you will have no official record.) She should refund you by PP. Do NOT close the dispute until you have the refund and it has cleared into your account. E checks can take weeks and are notorious for bouncing. Regular check you are only asking for trouble and possible bounce. TELL HER YOU WANT A PP REFUND, just as you paid by PP. Please keep us posted.

Hi, thank you for your answers! I have followed your advise and escalated to a claim thro paypal. I have been informed that I can return the bag today and I shall be doing so by signed for, tracked shipping as advised. Best all round I think.
I'll let you know how I get on:tpfrox:

I got my money back :yahoo::yahoo: though not the 10euros it cost to send it back of course.
I sent the parcel signed for and tracked as advised but now the seller keeps contacting me saying that she didn't get it back and that I must have sent it to the wrong address!!
I sent it to the address that paypal gave me so if it's wrong then it's her own fault surely!
I'm so glad that I did this through paypal.
I feel that she may be trying to pull some kind of scam here. How do I protect myself in the event that she disputes this??
Somebody has signed for the parcel...what if she claims it wasn't her ?? :wondering

i think you can get a copy of the signature if you track it- i also think that if you have sent it to address that paypal stipulated and that it has been signed for she has no come back.