I bought a bag on Ebay...it turned out to be Fake...what do I do now?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Here's my dilemma...I am only a newbie to this site, wish I had known about it before I got stung by Ebay!

I bought a Mulberry bag from Ebay for £320. It arrived yesterday and is most definately a fake.

I contacted the seller who said to post it back to them and they will then refund me. I have not yet contacted Ebay about this as I want to know where I stand.

I am not happy to post this bag back to the seller before I get a refund because
    1. If the seller never refunds me, then I have no bag = no evidence
    2. The cost to post the bag back will be £15 as the seller lives in another country
    3. So if I post the bag back and the seller refunds me, he will only refund me the £320 for the bag, not for the postage I incurred for both having the bag sent to me and for sending the bag back....(I'll be at a loss of £30)
    4. If the seller receives the bag from me and doesn't refund me, I am at the loss of £320 + £15 postage + £15 it cost for me to return bag = £350 loss.

What should I do?? Should I just return the bag? What if the seller doesn't refund me??

Help!
    Thanks

2. Thanks for directing me to the correct page Shopalot.

3. there's a TON of threads about this already . . . hopefully you'll search first!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.