I blew off the price increase...now I have a sudden craving to buy!?!

sugarcookie72

Cuddly Bag Monkey
O.G.
Jul 20, 2007
Has this happened to anyone else? I just bought my Aurelia GM a week or so before the increase. I needed an MC wallet & was also thinking about getting a Damier Azur piece but couldn't decide which wallet and which Damier. So I thought I would wait a few weeks & just let it "come to me". Now all of a sudden I've "decided" :hrmm:that I would get an MC pochette wallet & a Damier Speedy...what the heck? Why couldn't I have known this before the increase? I feel like such a nut right now, LOL.

keokicat

O.G.
Apr 8, 2007
Biggest Little City
I felt the same way. I've had a craving to buy MC SLG's this week. I've been eyeing the zippy wallet for a little while now and finally decided to buy it this morning from eLux. Luckily, I still got it at the old price. When I checked the website later today, the price had gone up.

gapaholic13

R+F Independent Cons
O.G.
Jan 11, 2007
Canada
I'm in Canada so our prices aren't going up until Monday. I keep thinking I need to buy more before then, DH doesn't agree :nogood:.

I love Louis

Oct 17, 2007
New Jersey
OMG. I'm not alone!!! I could NOT decide for the life of me if I should get the MC zippy coin purse or not and I saw it on elux a couple times before the increase, of course I decide Wed night I want it, it's not there, Friday afternoon, still not there, so what do I do? Go to the LV store and pay more money for it! lol.

Honestly I think it's worth it to wait it out and make a conscious decision, you shouldn't buy just because the price is going up... you'll end up wasting more money if you buy something you're unsure about and then are stuck w/ it, KWIM? You're not crazy! haha

sugarcookie72

Cuddly Bag Monkey
O.G.
Jul 20, 2007
I'm so glad I'm not alone :P! I was supposed to go to the shop and get my items today but I decided to hold off...something about buying like a day right after the increase made me feel completely silly:amuse:. And I know it makes no sense but, I think I would feel a little better if I let the new prices "settle" before I buy. LOL. They are gorgeous items, though...we'll see how long I'll be able to wait.:girlsigh:

Attachments

Jun 8, 2006
I feel really sick! What happened was I bought a Neverfull, then took it back and exchanged for a Damier Azur--pre increase. Was toying with going back and getting the Neverfull. Just saw the price. Eeeek. Feel really sick when you realize that in July 2006, I paid a mere 620 plus tax for my Damier Speedy, it has gone up 65 dollars since then!

Jun 13, 2007
Me too! I was toying with the idea of a black MC zippy coin purse and was at LV on the 16th but decided that it can wait. Now, I am resisting the urge to go and get it. What's worst is finding out that I am not alone and that people here would probably encourage me. :sweatdrop:

Dawn

seriously?
O.G.
Sep 2, 2006
United States
Honestly I think it's worth it to wait it out and make a conscious decision, you shouldn't buy just because the price is going up... you'll end up wasting more money if you buy something you're unsure about and then are stuck w/ it, KWIM? You're not crazy! haha
I agre!!!! :yes: