Food I Ate This! Post pictures of food!

Did you like yours? Dh said to they over-cooked the shrimps, but he doesn’t like to send food back (it’s happened like once in 5 years—the beef patty was too raw), so he just ate the dish as is. My pizza was fantastic[emoji39][emoji39], so was the tortilla soup!!
My shrimp were cooked perfectly. I cannot abide over cooked shrimp, it's like a rubbery thing in your mouth. Someone made me bad tiger prawns (by really overcooking it) and it put me off shrimp for decades. I only starting eating shrimp again last year :lol: I'm like your husband, I prefer not to send anything back unless it's dangerous or toxic tasting, lol. I just don't order it again or won't go back to the restaurant.

Last edited:
I've eaten some strange things. Pig ears, pork stomach (my mom makes an awesome soup with this!), lamb brain soup (that probably was the worst), beef tongue, sweet breads, raw oysters (yum!), turtle soup (sorry whateve, I was a child so had no say in it), pig trotters, chicken feet, beef liver, pretty much everything except camel! Frog's legs are good, like chicken but so many bones it's a pain in the ass to eat, but very tender. The worst thing I ever ate was my pet chicken Mary :sad::sad:. We were moving from Australia to the US and my mom didn't tell me we couldn't bring Mary to the US. She made chicken and it tasted good until I found out it was my pet! I probably need therapy as I was 5 or 6 years old :huh:

I've eaten some strange things. Pig ears, pork stomach (my mom makes an awesome soup with this!), lamb brain soup (that probably was the worst), beef tongue, sweet breads, raw oysters (yum!), turtle soup (sorry whateve, I was a child so had no say in it), pig trotters, chicken feet, beef liver, pretty much everything except camel! Frog's legs are good, like chicken but so many bones it's a pain in the ass to eat, but very tender. The worst thing I ever ate was my pet chicken Mary :sad::sad:. We were moving from Australia to the US and my mom didn't tell me we couldn't bring Mary to the US. She made chicken and it tasted good until I found out it was my pet! I probably need therapy as I was 5 or 6 years old :huh:

Actually I read thru your whole list, and some are pretty weird, but the worst is definitely eating your pet. It must of been devastating. I mean, I like chicken, but I don’t think I can eat one that I had a personal relationship with.

Also, any time people talk about any brain dishes, I instantly think of mad cow disease.

Here’s a pic of some nice matcha truffles I bought earlier today to erase the previous weird foods from our thinkings [emoji16].IMG_0493.JPG

Last edited:

Poor Mary.
Have you ever talked to your mum about this when you grow up?