Food I Ate This! Post pictures of food!

Thanks SM!
I had only taken a couple of bites before I posted. Once I really started eating it, it was very good! I wanted more! (Surprise, surprise! :lol:)
Hahaha! Do you need to shovel snow too? BTW, DH is doing his 2nd round of shoveling. Poor guy..... I told him I would help him as soon as I finish enjoying my coffee. :biggrin:

Hahaha! Do you need to shovel snow too? BTW, DH is doing his 2nd round of shoveling. Poor guy..... I told him I would help him as soon as I finish enjoying my coffee. :biggrin:
:lol: No, I'm in San Francisco this weekend. I'm insulating myself for rain. (Can I do that? :lol:)
That's too funny SM! When we lived in Illinois, I used to stand in our big kitchen window, drinking coffee, wrapped in warm comfy clothes, and wave at my DH every time he passed the window with the snow blower! :biggrin:

Tried something different this morning. The place I stopped in calls it "The Heavenly Breakfast Bagel". Egg, cream cheese, tomatoes, red onions, cucumbers, avocado, and arugula. Pretty good, but honestly I had to take the cucumbers off. I tried but I didn't like them.
View attachment 4316185

This looks quite tasty. And I am not a fan of cucumbers either (or pickles, yuck, or sauerkraut or kimchee, etc, guess I am a picky eater, lol)

I liked this week's special offer at a nearby 'healthy place' so much that I went back two times for lunch break :biggrin: ... buckwheat noodles with vegetables and peanuts :heart: (but the first day I also got a dessert, chocolate panna cotta with strawberry sauce :smile:).

Grilled chicken with purple cabbage and roasted potatoes was also delicious :P ... as well as a tapioca dessert with mango sauce :smile:

Plus some take away cakes for a movie night in bed :flowers:
IMG_5194a.jpg IMG_5198a.jpg IMG_5206a.jpg IMG_4440a.jpg IMG_4458a.jpg IMG_5050a.jpg

Last edited:
When there is a blizzard warning, we go out and eat blizzard food... you know... the kind that packs on the pounds for insulation!!!
So DH and I had loaded nachos, some meat, and some more meat. For the sirloin, DH chose green beans and cheesy, spicy grits as sides.
^YUM! Going out for nachos tonight...

I like turnips better than potatoes! My mom was forced to eat turnips growing up so we never had them. I guess that is why I like them!
^they smell sooooo good while I’m peeling & chopping them. I’ve never eaten turnips by themselves. I need to find a recipe.

^one of my top 5 favorite meals

Wow the final product looks so good. Do you have an immersion blender stick f&f? Or did you have to pull it out and run it thru the blender? Soups are my absolute favorite year round. Especially in the summer with air conditioning. Kind of a reverse SSSSSSSSSMama ice-cream in a blizzard thing :lol:
^I do have an immersion blender, but I like a chunkier soup. I used a potato masher. I diced the rutabaga & turnips much smaller than the potatoes to make sure they’d be soft enough to mash since they’re tougher. My grandma made soup all year too. I loved going over & having it with her, but I’m just too hot in the summer to think about making my own.

This was my lunch today. This restaurant makes good and fairly healthy, (uses only good oils) chips and salsa. The soup is great, lots of chicken & rice. I couldn't spell it so I took a picture of the menu. The restaurant is called El Gringo's but I think the restaurants they have are only local.
^that soup looks soooooo good!

I [emoji173]️[emoji173]️[emoji173]️[emoji173]️ soup season and your soup!!!!
^it’s the most wonderful time of the year ❤️

226815c5ece24741028e4181cf428c80.jpg

Milk and Cereal Toast (Lucky Charms cereal, butter, condensed milk, strawberries on brioche toast) with Hot Chocolate. It was A LOT of sugar lol

We made it to PF Chang's tonight in 8 degree weather! [emoji38] Our server screwed up and we got 3 orders of salt and pepper prawns! I also had an Asian pear mojito. No pic because I had to hand over my phone so DS1 could calculate random numbers while he waited for his food. [emoji4]IMG_20190120_192916262.jpeg

Never mind. I see my mojito made it in the pic! [emoji484]

We made it to PF Chang's tonight in 8 degree weather! [emoji38] Our server screwed up and we got 3 orders of salt and pepper prawns! I also had an Asian pear mojito. No pic because I had to hand over my phone so DS1 could calculate random numbers while he waited for his food. [emoji4]View attachment 4316523

Never mind. I see my mojito made it in the pic! [emoji484]

Mojito + extra prawns......I’d take it! Enjoy! [emoji4](And I am not missing 8*!)