I ate dinner 6 inches from Austin Powers!!!!

shushopn

I Feel Pretty!
O.G.
Jan 13, 2006
So, over the Easter week my parents were in visiting and they watched our kids so me & dh could stay in the city for 3 nites. One nite we went to this great restaurant, Balthazar. The tables are super close to one another. I'm chatting w/ hubby and happen to glance over at the people being seated right next to us and it was Mike Myers and his girlfriend:nuts: . He's divorcing his wife and dating a blonde, apparently. She was cute. Anyway, I ever so inconspicuously lean over to my husband and whisper that I think that's Austin Powers. He said, he knew but didn't want to make a thing about it, which of course I didn't. She ordered for the both of them and shared their food. He looked like a shlub so at first I didn't even recognize him. They talked about the upcoming w/e, etc. I really didn't listen much b/c I was having a romantic dinner myself.

All my friends were joking that knowing me I stood up and yelled "Yeah baby, Yeah!!" I have more couth then they give me credit for.:yes:

It was funny, the next day I called my mom and told her I was right next to Mike Myers. She said, "Was he w/ a blonde?" I told her he was and asked how she knew. She said, "she just figured since he was divorcing his nice Jewish wife, he must be dating a blonde!" My mom cracks me up!