I am Undecided on the Eclipse Line

Aug 14, 2006
I absolutely love the upcoming Monogram Eclipse line, in BLACK

I am currently on the waiting list for the Pochette.

But I may check out the Alma and Speedy.

I will tell you why, I currently have a Cherry Blossom Pochette, and Damier Ebene Pochette, and thinking I do not have an Alma.

I do want the Graffiti Alma PM, but to find it in immaculate condition that I want it to be in, I might check out the Alma Eclipse. Because its a different style than what I currently have. I have a Monogram Speedy 25, so that is why I'm thinking I might check out the Alma Eclipse.

Anyone have these thoughts, of changing your mind? I don't even know if I can be waitlisted for the Alma. I hope to be able to check out the Alma before the release date. Then I will be sure which one I want. Because I love the Pochette, but just going to consder the alma now. :biggrin:

Any suggestions? ;)

lol I want the pochette, but considering that I already have 2 pochettes, and do not have an Alma at all. I will check out the Alma if I can. If I don't like it, I will be getting the Pochette. I know I will like it, I mean, if it looks good with me, and how comfortable it will be for me to see if it 'suites' me.

I am also undecided... I'll wait to see it in real life before I'll decide, I think. I'm still waiting for LV to come out with some cutesy stuff like with the Cerises and Cherry Blossom... I hope they do, again, one day... :thinking:

go for the alma. its better than the speedy. at least it wont snag! i already ordered the ambre alma. :nuts:

Why do you say the alma won't snag? The speedy and alma both have the sequins and if you carry either close to you with delicate fabric on (silk, cashmere, leather- scratches) you run the risk. At Saks BH, a woman wore her Alma Eclipse out the door, snagged her silk shirt and immediately returned the bag. I was there and witnessed the whole thing. It won't stop me from buying (I prefer the Alma)- you just have to be careful.

I absolutely love the upcoming Monogram Eclipse line, in BLACK

I am currently on the waiting list for the Pochette.

But I may check out the Alma and Speedy.

I do want the Graffiti Alma PM, but to find it in immaculate condition that I want it to be in, I might check out the Alma Eclipse. Because its a different style than what I currently have. I have a Monogram Speedy 25, so that is why I'm thinking I might check out the Alma Eclipse.

Anyone have these thoughts, of changing your mind? I don't even know if I can be waitlisted for the Alma. I hope to be able to check out the Alma before the release date. Then I will be sure which one I want. Because I love the Pochette, but just going to consder the alma now. :biggrin:

Any suggestions? ;)

I'm starting to fall in :love: with the Eclipse line too and like you, I like its alma too. The other Eclipse range incl. the pochette haven't grabbed my attention yet.:yes:

I'd say get this one first before the graffiti alma. TBH, I find it prettier than the graffiti alma. No offense to all the graffiti alma lovers!:peace: There's nothing wrong in collecting both the Eclipse pochette/alma & graffiti alma unless if you prefer diversity.

Last edited:
the Graffiti Alma will come... but for now, go for the Eclipse Alma... better yet, get the Eclipse Pochette too :nuts: but seriously, phone your boutique now and express your interest in the other Eclipse bags. when you see them all you would know which one is for you :yes:

Why do you say the alma won't snag? The speedy and alma both have the sequins and if you carry either close to you with delicate fabric on (silk, cashmere, leather- scratches) you run the risk. At Saks BH, a woman wore her Alma Eclipse out the door, snagged her silk shirt and immediately returned the bag. I was there and witnessed the whole thing. It won't stop me from buying (I prefer the Alma)- you just have to be careful.
oh, maybe i should explain in more detailed. ;)

i mean if the speedy is quite empty inside then the shape of the speedy will become flatten esp the middle part. it isnt really a structured bag. whereas, there's a leather base at the bottom of the alma so it can hold the shape eventhough the bag is quite empty inside.
conclusion is ------> the speedy must fully or semi stuff in order to look nice whereas alma doesnt need to.
hope my explaination is cleared. :P