I am totally new to Balenciaga, what's a good "starter" bag?

I started with the Classique/First size, too, and worked my way up to larger bags. If you can, go see the bags IRL, at least to get an idea of size and shape, then choose the color. You can look though the "Documenting Balenciaga Colors" thread in the top section on this page to see a lot of options.

If you're going to go for an older color, you may have to wait a bit and deal with eBay. If you get a current season color, you have the great experience of buying a new bag, which is always fun. Someone posted a thread of the A/W (or F/W) colors, which will actually start coming out in the summer, so you should look at those and if there's something you like you can put yourself on a list at the store nearest you.

Don't forget to consider what you want to use it for... I started with a Classique size because I just wanted it as a wallet/keys/sunglasses/lipbalm etc purse, nothing too large.

I have a first too - I don't carry anything large so it's perfect for me. I also love the look of a first.

I think it does depend on how much you carry - and you decide from that what size you want. Then color... I KNEW I wanted a "color". I just think bbags look soooo beautiful in color, it just highlights their sexiness :jammin:

Plus, you can always get black, but if there's a current color out there now that you like you should grab it while you can :love: before it goes up in price on ebay (which is the case of the 04 seafoam I want :sad: but will never have cause I can't imagine paying $1000+ for a probably USED bag- boo)...

My first BBag was a black SS'05 first and I think that is the PERFECT first BBag- I still love it:love: My second purchase was a black SS'06 city because the first is a little bit too small for work/uni which really comes down to what you are looking for size-wise. The first is a great afternoon, evening etc bag while the city is a great uni/work bag.You can't go wrong with either- BBags are amazing!:yes:

anything in black/brown/white/blue is a for sure because the color is so versatile. as for a size... try the city. it's not too big or too small. it's a good size to gear from. you can go up or down in size if you prefer.

thanks girls, so it's called a City? Also where can I buy these in the UK? I live right near Harvey Nichs but I dont see this brand there :sad: Also I think I'll probably get a neutral one to start off with, I wanna be able to use it :smile: Is there a list somewhere or somewhere online I can view the bags and the shades? :smile: *hugs*

I live in Edinburgh too, and HN has a whole section of Balenciaga, against the far wall on the right side. Although there is not a great selection in colours at the moment (mostly black, brown, and white) They are getting some new colours in very soon.

I have bought several of my Bbags there:yes:

I think the city is a great first bag. I shall post a group pic, my city is the lilac coloured bag.

Good luck.:yahoo:

Picture003.jpg

it all depends on what you carry :P

i carry a lot of things, i carry papers for works, magazines, books, chargers, camera, sometimes laptop, so 'll go for bigger bags, work and weekender would be great for this.

if you carry lot of things but not so big wide things like laptop and big papers, city would be the answer

but if you are a light carrier, first would be cute.

i think no one can decide for you in this matter :P

My first bbag was the "first" - and I definately think it was a great place to start!! It comfortably holds everything that I usually carry with me... and fits my MJ zip clutch - which is a must!!!

I like the city style for carrying a bit more for school... Now I am looking into one more alternative style just to be able to mix things up... Trying to decide between the Twiggy/Part-Time/Purse... :smile:

Just IMO... I would go for some color!!! There are so many gorgeous ones... its hard to choose, but I am in :love: with all of my bbag colors thus far!!

i started with a first, then a hobo, then i got a city, and now i'm onto work sized bags. they just keep getting bigger and bigger lol.