I am thinking to exchange my Jumbo to a Perfect Edge Bag, should I?

MccHmom

O.G.
May 29, 2009
As some of you may know, I got a Khaki Green Jumbo in NYC 2 weeks ago but I found the double flap Jumbo is too boxy for me & a bit heavy...

Now the Perfect Edge Bag really caught my attention but my concern is that is not a classic style & I am afraid it won't last long.

Should I exchange it or do you have any other better suggestion? If I exchange it & for that price ($4900), I can get the Perfect Edge ($3700 in medium) & get a wallet (around $700), maybe can have some money left too. Please help!!!

whoa whoa let's not do anything hasty:giggles:
just kidding, but I would give it more than a couple weeks to make up your mind on the jumbo. Ultimately though, if it's not for you, it's just not for you. Who cares if the perfect edge isn't a classic? Wear what you like BUT don't get the perfect edge just because then you can buy more, you will regret that.

I'm a reissue-pusher, what about the 226? It really is an ideal bag if you want something lighter and less boxy. And it's a perfect length for double and single chain modes.

I'm a reissue-pusher, what about the 226? It really is an ideal bag if you want something lighter and less boxy. And it's a perfect length for double and single chain modes.

I agree with mc100...reissue is easier to carry. Still has a good weight to it but not as heavy as the jumbo.

I'm not a fan of perfect edge, but I'm nothing against seasonal design. You really have to love it coz it'll still be with you after the trend passed.

Agree with posters above that you should check out reissue.

As some of you may know, I got a Khaki Green Jumbo in NYC 2 weeks ago but I found the double flap Jumbo is too boxy for me & a bit heavy...

Now the Perfect Edge Bag really caught my attention but my concern is that is not a classic style & I am afraid it won't last long.

Should I exchange it or do you have any other better suggestion? If I exchange it & for that price ($4900), I can get the Perfect Edge ($3700 in medium) & get a wallet (around $700), maybe can have some money left too. Please help!!!
I am finding the jumbo pretty heavy to carry. But, it is a classic that I will keep forever. I have a seasonal bag that I carry every day during summer. To me a bag is worth it if I carry it a lot. No sense in buying something to be a "closet" handbag. It is just not worth the investment.

I am also loving the perfect edge flap. How does the size compare to a jumbo?

i agree with others that have responded. maybe look at the reissues. I,myself bought a shiva only to return it and purchase a vintage classic m/l. nothing beats the "classic" look :smile:

Reissue 227? Same size as the jumbo but I heard it weighs a lot less? Or do you like the classic look of the jumbo? Do you find it heavy when you pack it with lots of stuff or just a few essentials?post some pics :smile:

How about GST? It is a great tote. Only 2900.00. Then, for more dressy you can get a kisslock for 1900.00. Two great classics for the same money. Two very different looks. I love them.

I bought the perfect edge bag in navy in the larger size and I love it. It's classic and vintage looking in a smooth calfskin. The edging is in red. I am short (5 foot) and the drop is similar to a jumbo but it is much lighter than a jumbo and there is no double flap to contend with. It's a cross between the pondicherry and shiva but I prefer this to both these styles as it suits me better and just looks more classic IMO.
Hope these pics help a little
I will do a proper reveal of this and a few other things soon!
IMG_3243.jpg

IMG_3244.jpg

IMG_3245.jpg

How about GST? It is a great tote. Only 2900.00. Then, for more dressy you can get a kisslock for 1900.00. Two great classics for the same money. Two very different looks. I love them.

Agree with you, I would try the GST and a kisslock, or maybe the GST and the CWC, which has the classic flap style for a lot less.