I am such a purse snob!

1. Over at PurseBlog, we started a new series called Closet Confessionals in which we examine how readers and TPFers afford their bag addictions. Read about it in this intro article and submit your own confessional here. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
    Dismiss Notice
  1. There used to be a time, not so terribly long ago, when I could happily go into Kohl's or JCPenney and find a bag or two that made me happy. Those days are GONE!

It started with Dooney and Bourke. Then Michael Kors. Then I took the plunge into Louis Vuitton. Then Balenciaga, then Vuitton again, then Balenciaga again, and just now I ordered a LV Damier Speedy 25. And I have every intention of buying either a truffle or greige first when they come out.

I am not rich. Some of this has gone onto a credit card and I will have to work hard to pay it off soon. I may have to sell my LV monogram speedy 25 or my batignolles horizontal. It's painful to even say that!

But I can't go back....not even back to Dooney and Bourke. I am now a handbag snob....I've tasted the good life and I will not go back!!!

This was just a rant....that is all.....:lol:

PS....anyone relate to anything I said or I am losing my mind?

2. I completely have the same feelings! I can't get into anything else but Balenciaga!!!!! I just come straight to this forum- nothing else will do!LOL

3. Me too, although I won't admit it outside this forum:biggrin: And the worst thing is that I have so many unused expensive bags lying there in my closet because I don't want to be seen as a pursesnob (how shallow:lol: )...it's like only the Balenciaga ones I dare to use 'cause they don't look like very expensive bags for people who don't know anything about purses!

4. i never cared about bags until pretty recently. I was perfectly happy w/ my longchamp bags, and then like a sickness, it came over me, and i just started buying. i can't stop, i'm totally disinterested in stuff that is more appropriate for someone like me, such as a nice coach bag, or maybe a good solid kate spade. it just doens't cut it.

5. Phew! I so glad Im not the only one. I still have to say though, as soon as I go into any store, Pennys etc. I still have to look in the purse dept. But nothing curves my bag appetite accept for Balenciagas! I just cant seem to get enough!

6. Oh I still look at handbags everywhere I go. But I don't buy any, because they are all crap compared to bbags and LV.

As God is my witness, I will never carry crap again!!

7. AMEN SISTER!! :idea:

8. It is a lot like flying first class, once I did it there was no way in h*** I would ever go to coach class again...

9. Well it's going to rain again up here for another week so sadly I had to put my bbag away for the D&B cabriolet. I was very depressed.

10. I hear ya. I put away my City in favor of my Fendi tote.

11. I just whip out my umbrella and keep on truckin'

12. i'm exactly the same way and i am so ashamed about it. Even when i carry coach i get emarassed because i feel coach isn't even good enough. before i know it, i'll have an hermes.

but, i don't like being this way. doesn't make me feel like a good person, so i am trying to break the habbit. I will not be a purse snob.

come on everyone, say it with me. "i will not be a purse snob"

hahah yeah, right. hahhaah

13. Long live shallow purse obsessing!

14. Meh I like being a purse snob. One must have standards after all.

15. Lori, you have perfectly embodied what has come over me!!! I completely agree with you!

My BF is even trained to spot my ultimate handbag pet peeve: those sac-like crochet sequined covered hobo's that are on every street corner in NYC & come in all colours....then they start to fall apart, the sequins lose color, etc, etc, etc......! YUCK!

(Sorry, I had to say it! And I can only go on about those on here....my friends will think I am a snob if I say that to them...LOL)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice