I am SUCH a mess right now...(sorry, kind of long!)

I think people are just put off by this bag because it's a tote and not a fancy structured handbag, I don't know. I say that if you have the funds for it and you are excited for it, get it. I know it sucks having to wait. I saw one in the Vancouver Holt's today, so I don't know why you guys are so far behind.

I think people are just put off by this bag because it's a tote and not a fancy structured handbag, I don't know. I say that if you have the funds for it and you are excited for it, get it. I know it sucks having to wait. I saw one in the Vancouver Holt's today, so I don't know why you guys are so far behind.

Oh my really?? You saw it in Vancouver ALREADY?? Then why the heck is Calgary soo...BEHIND?!

I did call 866 on Monday, I believe...and the rep said none are in Canada yet so I'm guessing the one in Vancouver came in just yesterday!

Oh my just saw the thread - why can't these bags just be in when expected? Ah just to try our patience I expect.

Both those bags will be available for a bit I'm sure after their initial arrival - I wouldn't fret it, you should be able to get one after seeing them both in person so I wouldn't worry about jumping on one or the other first if you aren't sure. Definitely go with what you personally want. I know I got luke warm responses to my first LV choice of the Bosphore backpack, but its the Lvoe of my life bag! Personal choice, personal taste and confidence in your own style beats it all and is whats most important. The lettering is much nicer than the sequince IMO if that matters LOL - check 'em both out, certainly dont just get something for a fix .. just delays getting what you really want. It will be exciting to see your final choice!

Called 866 (again...wonder when they'll recognize it's me) and the rep said only Vancouver has received these totes, and none of the other stores have it in yet.

Oh Karmen .. sorry it's left you feeling blah ..
don't let comments sway you from what you love ..

can you ask to be on both lists ? .. i mean if the other comes in and you decide to pass surely if there's a waiting list they will understand if you say, sorry but it's not what I expected (requesting without seeing IRL) and if there's a list surely they can simply call the next person on the list if you pass??

Don't let yourself be pressured into buying something you don't really love. It may really be pretty for alot of us here but you're the one who'll be spending the money to buy it... :flowers: so do as you please, girl!! ;)

Oh Karmen .. sorry it's left you feeling blah ..
don't let comments sway you from what you love ..

can you ask to be on both lists ? .. i mean if the other comes in and you decide to pass surely if there's a waiting list they will understand if you say, sorry but it's not what I expected (requesting without seeing IRL) and if there's a list surely they can simply call the next person on the list if you pass??

Oh yeah I can be on both lists, no problem. My SA said though, list approximately two weeks before I am ready to buy the Beverly. Well, if I list for the Beverly AND the tote now, I'm not ready to buy both. I'm a student working full time for the summer and I'm on hourly wages so I can't buy everything that I want at once, unfortunately.

Don't let yourself be pressured into buying something you don't really love. It may really be pretty for alot of us here but you're the one who'll be spending the money to buy it... :flowers: so do as you please, girl!! ;)

Nope, nobody is pressuring me to buy it...the effects of the comments are kind of doing the reverse ;)

:yes:

I don't know HOW many times the Miroir line was bashed, called "tin foil" and "baked potato" etc. on here, but I still loved it and bought pieces from it no matter what everyone else thought. :heart:
Lol and a lot of the same people who bashed it are now into the Miroir Lockit! :nuts:

So true I remeber one person saying people with the speedy would look like $5 hookers about a week or so later they went out and bought one...go figure!

Each to their own

There is always a lot of hype before a bag comes out and then everyone wants to buy it first chance they get. The people who want to buy the bag have certain expectations about what color it will be IRL, what the texture will be, how it looks on them etc. When the bag arrives and it doesn't match up to their mental image of what they thought the bag would be, then yes, there are negative comments by the OPs of threads about how they are disappointed the way the bag looks.

Instead of getting upset about it right now, why don't you wait and see? Then if you truly love it, buy it, model it and it would maybe change the minds of tPFers who thought the bag didn't look nice. I've changed my mind on items after seeing great modelling pics!!

This was exactly me when LOVE2 arrived. And I certainly didn't mean to make negative comments direct to anyone about the bag. I was just so upset & disappointed that I didn't like it.
HOWEVER....I would never tell someone not to buy it because I don't like it! We all have different tastes and that is why LV has like 8 bizillion bags out there right now!

What I personally find rude is when people get all excited about a bag and people post rude comments in that thread saying they hate it...or when people start insulting the OP (or others who bought it) personally!

karman, i'll admit that i've called the LVOE2 totes "cheap." but what i realized is that pictures make ALL the difference. the first ebay photos didn't really do a thing for me, but after seeing Label Addict's photos of her ecru PM, made me do a total 180!!! its weird how a different angle, camera, or lighting can totally change a look of a bag.

like all the others have said, its ultimately your money and your choice. i know how you feel about becoming defeated over a bag you love. my own MOTHER doesn't have nice things to say about my LV bags lol.

hope it all works out for you and that you LOVE your LVOE!

:devil::graucho:

I personally think there are 4 stages of go through to help you decide on bags.

1 Elux or Vuitton.com pics - but they don't usually show you that much
2 Ebay seller pics - more details but no model pics or size reference (usually)
3 TPF Pics - IRL pics that often show extra details we love model pics give a good idea of the bag on etc
and finally
the IRL viewing - this is where the deal can be won or lost you know pretty much straight away

anyone of these stages can change you mind good or bad it just take the right setting

It was kind of strange all that coments on LoVe2 totes and Tribute... You shouldn't be affected by other people opinions! If I were you I would wait until totes come in and decide after I see it IRL... Good Luck! BTW: Tribute was my favourite women bag from this season;) I LoVe that tote too!