I am such a dip :(

simplycaren

live. laugh. love.
Apr 4, 2008
Stopped to pick up dinner at Chipotle for my husband and I....

Got out of my car in the driveway and the drink I was holding lost it's top and I spilled Coke alllll over my Soho hobo :sad:

My stomach still feels sick!!!! Luckily it wiped right off of the signature pattern, thank god for that pre-treating.... but there is a small mark on the leather where it's soaked in :sad: I am trying to let it dry to see if it will remain there...Should I use my leather conditioner or is there something else I could try if it doesn't go away?

:sad: aww, poor hobo! so, you pre-treated the bag right (entirely including the signature and leather?)? if you did, hopefully it won't stain on that leather part which you mentioned. It shouldn't, it's probably still drying up right now. I think you shouldn't do anything to it because i think at this point the conditioner would only make it worse. If it doesn't go away then the only thing is to wait for it to patina (is that leather vachetta?).

I didn't pre-treat it myself, I've conditioned the leather but haven't put anything on the Sig fabric. I just mean whatever pre-treat Coach put on it, the coke rolled right off of the fabric and I dabbed whatever was left. So far everything looks fine except for that one spot on the leather right by the zipper.

oh girl I feel for you...that sounds like something that would happen to me! argh! i dont' think Coach pre-treats per say...but I think she is talking about the apple stuff. i need to order some. my bf actually found it at auto zone!!!

MMMMMMmmmmmm....Chipotle....LOVE that place!!

Otherwise, I'm really sorry that happened to you!! If it stains, there are probably a couple of ways to remove it...but I would let it dry and see what happens first. If it's burnished leather, you can use dilute leather cleaner if conditioner doesn't remove the spot. Sometimes I just remove spots on bags with a bit of tape, and then I condition the area either with my fingertips or with more conditioner. If I'm just trying to get rid of a dark variation/flaw that darkened when I used conditioner (this sometimes happens with vachetta especially), then I just use my fingertips after removing the tape to kind of condition over the light spot. Just don't yank too hard with the tape (I put a bit of conditioner under it so that it doesn't stick too tight) because tape can damage the leather. Hopefully you won't have to do anything though! I would wait for a while...sometimes it takes a long time to dry.

oh girl I feel for you...that sounds like something that would happen to me! argh! i dont' think Coach pre-treats per say...but I think she is talking about the apple stuff. i need to order some. my bf actually found it at auto zone!!!

Apple stuff at Autozone ??? I might need to go and see if they carry it at the one up the street.

The Siggy jacquard fabric is pre-sprayed with ScotchGuard ... according to my SA at my regular boutique. So, you have nothing to worry about on that. I'd say try to clean off the food stains as much as you can with soap & water so that it is clean.

After you've cleaned it off as much as you can, then I'd try re-conditioning the leather. As for the siggy area...try Coach siggy cleaner or baby wipes .... or (as I have successfully tried) Clinique face cleanser and then siggy cleaner afterwards and blot dry.

Good luck and I think you're okay in terms of damage control! It will probably be as good as new!

Take care,

What a bummer, but it will probably be okay. I am really hard on my purses, seriously I just totally abuse them, and have already spilled soup, coffee, soda, and was out in the (light) rain with my sig tote...I wiped it off each time and after it dried there was no trace left...yet another reason to love these bags. :tup:

It seems to be dry, but there is a small spot on the leather where it's slightly raised. :sad:

That sounds like it's not dry to me yet...give it some more time. I would also not use a magic eraser on the leather...it breaks down the leather even more than other methods and will possibly (probably) lift the dye. I like the magic erasers for the lining, though...it does work very well for that or any fabric usually (at least I haven't noticed any color being lifted).