I am soooo upset w/ Shopbop! I just got my Blake on Tuesday and now they have a sale.

Munchkin1206

I need it.
Aug 16, 2007
I called Shopbop.com because I JUST received my bordeaux Blake on Tuesday of this week and today is FRIDAY and they are having the 20% off all non-sale handbags. I called Shopbop to see if I could get a 20% credit because this is so unfair and the girl on the phone REFUSED to do the retro.

What should I do? I haven't even WORN the bag yet? Do I return it and then buy another one? This is a lot of money to save!

omg I'm so irritated I am literally stamping my feet around my office.

e-mail them. usually their customer service is really nice and will honor it for you. idk whats up with the girl on the phone. if that doesnt work i suggest ordering it agin with the 20% off and return the one u got w/o the 20% off.

Ugh. I called twice and spoke to two different girls and they both told me the same thing. They cannot retroactive the sale price. I told her I would just end up returning the one I just got and ordering a new one with the discount and she said that's what she would recommend I do. What a pain!!! But with the 20% off, no tax, free shipping and the 5% Lucky Rewards rebate, it's worth it. That's quite a bit of money.

wow, im really shocked they wouldnt retro. most stores offer the 14 day gurantee, but i guess internet sales are different. id order a new one and send the first bag back, thats 25% off! goodluck :biggrin:

That's crazy! They even recommended you to return it and re-buy it? You would think they would just issue the difference in a refund to save themselves from the work, but hey, just go ahead and do it. It is ALOT of money, but you have to do it, despite the hastle!
Good luck!

To save $200 dollars, I would buy it and then return the one you paid full price for. Sucks that they won't honor the price difference! Good luck!

i've had a few problems with shopbop in the past. their customer service is not very consistent: one minute they're helpful and nice then the next minute, they're rude and abrupt. they're also not very accommodating when it comes to price matching or adjusting compared to sites like zappos or revolve clothing. plus, it's not as if their system won't allow them to refund you the 20% of your original purchase price either. they have adjusted prices for me in the past for damaged items. the fact is that they just don't want to. they want to make things difficult in the chance that you might decide not to undergo the hassle of returning the bag, re-buying it, and then waiting for your refund to be issued.

it's a shame because i really like the way their site is laid out. it makes it easy for me to find things. they have a fantastic selection, but they rarely offer codes plus there's no free return shipping.

i remember them going out of their way to please customers in the past, but like all business, when they have established a customer base, they don't feel the need to be as obliging anymore.