I am SOBBING right now

Well I just followed hubby's advice and ordered from Kooba directly. He was sitting here w/ me when I did it and said to order a Ginger too to make sure I didn't like that better, as the only thing I ever said about my Carla that was borderline negative is that her straps are really wide. So we'll see. Yes, I love my husband. I paid for 2 day shipping, they will be here Wednesday.

<sigh>

BTW you know when you order that much at a time from kooba.com they then offer you a handful of their bags at even less of a cost than what the site shows?

awww :sad: so did u just get a refund from the saks off 5th?

well im glad you are ordering from KOOBa directly, thats awsome that they offer even more discounts!

And you may like the ginger better if the width of the staps was a concern cause as you could see in the pictures the straps on the ginger, even both together are def. thinner then the carla!! :smile:

maybe youll love both! (but did u get them same color!)
post pics when they come!

I hate it when I know I'm taking excellent care of something and it still goes bad for some reason. I'm so sorry this happened. It sounds like things will turn out well, though. I hope you love your new bag!

I really would wish there was no Off 5th. Kooba should destroy the defected bags, not sell them cheap to outlet type stores. The only thing I could think is an idea is if the bag was sprayed accidentally with something caustic. Alchohol (perfume) could do this. My GF had a bag she kept on the bathroom counter when she made herself up. Her bag was speckled with dye fadings probably from perfume or deoderants. Anyway your bag could have sat on something (a counter with cleansing spray on it?).
I'm not blaming you and I'm so glad they are accepting the return. Don't worry yourself and get yourself another wonderful Kooba. And give Hubby a Kiss.

Thanks girls, I appreciate it. The perfume/cleanser idea might be a possibility but if she wasn't in or on the dustbag I always made sure the surface was clean and dry and then laid a clean hand towel down underneath - I was SO anal. So I am doubting it. There were so many faulty Carlas in this area I am thinking maybe a yucky batch got sent out to my area. I know, lovely.

I will not shop at an Off Fifth again, I know many have so much luck there, but for handbags, I am going to pass.

I think it was all bad luck. Too bad that Saks would not repurchase you another bag and pay for the shipping since you lost out on a quality purchase and no use of a bag. You are so lucky that your husband did this for you. Maybe if you went there, their would of been a scene. Please share with us your new bag when you get it.
Hugs

I think it was all bad luck. Too bad that Saks would not repurchase you another bag and pay for the shipping since you lost out on a quality purchase and no use of a bag. You are so lucky that your husband did this for you. Maybe if you went there, their would of been a scene. Please share with us your new bag when you get it.
Hugs

The problem with that is that all of the Carlas at my Off Fifth in Sunrise were dyed improperly, and the ones where I got mine, north toward Orlando, also had an issue apparently. I could have taken a chance at an even different location, but it was only another $100 going right with Kooba and in the long run it will be less hassle I feel.

Thanks again girls.

I really do think that manufacturers know full well when they have bad batches, and they stick those in the less desirable outlets - online, at the Saks outlets, etc. They're still "branded" of course, but they are factory seconds that the manufacturers want to maintain control over.

It also seems obvious that occasionally batches of seconds get dumped on the market (as happened at Bluefly) with the retailer not fully aware what exactly they're getting (and from whom). No manufacturing process is perfect, and something has to be happen with the seconds.

Your kooba bag, otherwise, was totally beautiful - and you've reminded me to be religious about putting my bags away, too.