I am so sick of people buying on ebay these days...

Hi all.......I have been a buyer on ebay since -02 I think and I have had nothing but pleasant purchases. Only 2-3 times has the item not arrived, and as a rule I always go with my first gut feeling when I get a response from the seller. This is my way of establishing if they are nice or not.....the way they answer my question(s). I am very laidback and not fuzzy at all, and I have found a real treasure on ebay by the name of Simonesato......she is one of the best sellers on ebay!! As lovely as they come and with highend stuff in great great condition. I have been tempted to sell a few times but I have been to lazy,lol, and also I really think that there are way too many crazy rude people out there!!! Why can people not be polite and nice?? Is it that hard? I have the same id on ebay as I have here so should you ever get a bidder by the handle lovely64 then you know you are in for a real treat!:yes:

The only negotiating I do is maybe ask the seller if they would include shipping if I use the buy it now option........I, like mentioned before, assume that the set price is what it is because the seller has chosen it:P and I do not harrass sellers with insane questions!

I just wanted to comment on this......some sellers are under the impression it is the buyers responsibility to purchase insurance. However, this is incorrect per ebay policy. A seller is responsible for shipping an item and responsible if it is lost, or damaged.

If your buyer had opened a claim, they would win as it is the sellers responsibility as the seller is shipping the item.

In ebay listings, ALL sellers should state insurance is required and add it to the cost of shipping. This is the way to do it and be protected all the way around.

I've purchased from an auction before where insurance was given as an option at the end, where I could pay an extra amount of money to have it. I have only used PayPal, so it was a PayPal auction. If I did not take the insurance option and something happened, would the seller still have been responsible?

It seems to me like sellers should just make insurance mandatory, as you have said. Include it in the shipping cost and don't even give the option.