I am so sad.....My Red GST is defective.....

habanerita

O.G.
May 1, 2006
I took her out to examine her again, since I only saw her for a few minutes before going away on a trip.............I thought I had seen something then but decided to put her away till my return in the hopes I had imagined it.................Not So........this is a gorgeous Red Color, but
on the front of the GST, on the Interlocking CC's as I am looking straight at the bag., on this C, there is a spot about 1-1/2" on the part that does not interlock, that is in the middle part of the C where the color is three shades lighter and the caviar has little to no pebbling............it looks as if it rubbed off in that section.......It is noticeable. I tried to take pictures and I am attaching them but it is hard to capture it on camera.
I called Nordstrom and they were absolutely wonderful but they have no more. I will be returning it and have requested that if they can have it repaired without a long wait to let me know...........but, I am a little scared that the color may rub off in other areas, although I am sure it will not............I am so, so sad., have been chasing after a red like this forever and ever...........and....sold my Red Expandable to buy this one.....but.......hopefully I can get one of the Fall Reds......I sure hope so.
H

Attachments

• red gst small 3.jpg
    red gst small 3.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 394
  • red gst small 2.jpg
    red gst small 2.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 451
  • red gst small.jpg
    red gst small.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 411
C! i am so sorry.. even though i think idont have the same problem this caviar is a lot softer than the normal caviar that we are used tooo.. soo may be thats the problem.. its not as bad as the spring summer ones but not the same with the old ones either~

Wai....the caviar on this one seems fine, nice and shiny, and almost as structured as my old gst, its just that spot, almost like a rub of color and texture........the color is just amazing and for a few moments I even thought of keeping it, defect and all because of the gorgeous color, but I know it would bother me every time I saw it, and I know the color could be matched but the texture I am afraid may not be restored.........Keeping my fingers crossed for Fall, any suggestions of SA's to get on waitlists would be greatly appreciated.........H

Aww C, I'm so sorry! :sad: I meant to reply to your PM, but I forgot! :shame: I know what you're feeling though... as gorgeous as the color is, it would be even more heartbreaking to use the bag and have it get worse. I'm so, so disappointed in Chanel's quality, ugh! :sad: I hope the Jumbo doesn't have these pigmentation issues... and hopefully you can get one! :flowers:

H, yeah I can see that area which has little less textures (pebbling) than others..
I hope you find the solution.. or maybe return it and wait to get another one this coming fall!

I am so sorry...I undersand how it bothers you. It would bother me too. If it's on the side I could tolerate it, but in the middle of the C is kinda hard to ignore it....

Hope the fall red will be in this gorgeous color!

Hi C, I'm sorry to hear your bag isn't perfect. I'd have a very hard time sending it back, especially knowing how difficult they are to find. I know though that you won't be happy with the bag. Hopefully as you said you will find a fall red that will make you smile again.

You have no idea how tempted I have been to keep her, defect and all, and if it had been only the color I would have, knowing that the color can be restored in that area, but it is the combo of color and texture.....lets see, maybe Nordies can restore it...........keeping my fingers crossed.....H

Hi C, I'm sorry to hear your bag isn't perfect. I'd have a very hard time sending it back, especially knowing how difficult they are to find. I know though that you won't be happy with the bag. Hopefully as you said you will find a fall red that will make you smile again.