I am so sad!! :( How can I fix this?

devin

Aug 23, 2009
As some of you know I purchased the epi speedy several months ago on ebay after having it authenticated from this forum. Well today I went to change out bags and found the grommet(is that what it is called?) inside the bag and one side of the handle detached. What do I do to have this fixed? Does anyone have an idea of the cost? This is my only Louis Vuitton. I would like to have it for a looong time! Thank you! Here are the pics:

095.jpg

096.jpg

098.jpg

099.jpg

100.jpg

105.jpg

106.jpg

103.jpg

Thanks for the replies everyone!

Scott.cs that's good to hear. I hope the cost is minimal, because my finances are tight right now.

I will let you all know what happens.

LV can fix it. I had to do this recently for my grey Goshen Bowler. I was stunned when I took it out to use it and noticed that one of the snap covers was missing. Guess it had come off when I was at a LV party, and I never noticed. Well, that definitely shouldn't happen, so my SA sent it out; it had to go to France to be fixed, and it took about 6 weeks for it to come back. Because they considered the cover falling off a "defect", they didn't charge me for the repair.

Take your Epi to your local store. They'll have to send it away, though. They can also give you an estimate on the repair before sending it out, so you'll have a general idea of the cost.

As some of you know I purchased the epi speedy several months ago on ebay after having it authenticated from this forum. Well today I went to change out bags and found the grommet(is that what it is called?) inside the bag and one side of the handle detached. What do I do to have this fixed? Does anyone have an idea of the cost? This is my only Louis Vuitton. I would like to have it for a looong time! Thank you! Here are the pics:

095.jpg

096.jpg

098.jpg

099.jpg

100.jpg

105.jpg

106.jpg

103.jpg

I just send me Alma for the same repair. the SA quoted 18 us dollar per "rivets"
However, the stitching on yours is coming apart so they may or may not fix it.

Take it to the nearest LV store. It's a simple repair ... no idea how much it would cost, but seeing as it isn't too complicated, it will be on the lower end of the repair costs.

Thanks everyone! I took my bag to Neiman's on Saturday and they sent it off for repair and it will cost 42.00 to fix it. It will be 4-6 weeks before it comes back. I will take pics of it once it is repaired. Thanks again!:biggrin: