I am so POd with Ebay!

Kamilla850

O.G.
Mar 3, 2007
Last night, my auction for a Chanel bag ended and I was so happy for it to finally go to a better home since this bag has just been sitting in my closet for years.
Anyway, I send an invoice to the winning bidder and I did find it a bit peculiar that the winning bidder was a male, but I figured it was purchased as a gift.

About 20 minutes later, I receive a notice from Ebay stating that the listing was cancelled 'due to bidding activity that toook place without the account owners authorization, the account owner did not initiate these bids and on and on".

I was so upset because I wasn't able to just relist the item but had to actually recreate the listing from the beginning. And the message from ebay even offered consolation to this fact by stating that they know it is an inconvenience and they apologize for the negative impact it may have caused.

Then I get another message from Ebay stating that all of my listings have been cancelled because of compromised activity on my account and that I would have to recreate all of my listings again!?!!

I don't understand how and why this happens. Has this happened to anyone else? I'm not sure if it's worth contacting ebay because I know that they are just going to give me the run around like they always do.

Sorry this happened to you. Try Live Help -- they seem to be the best in actually helping you. They were awesome when I got my account hacked by someone -- my account was fixed and restored in about 2 days.

Oh man, that is terrible! :sad:
Here's a time-saving hint if you plan to list more than a few things in the future: use Turbo Lister (free to download from ebay) and do your listings in there. Then if something like this ever happened again you would have a backup of the listing and you could just re-launch it.

Thanks for the suggestions Lori and Cynthia. I will be sure to try Turbo Lister. It's a pain because I actually describe the items extensively in my own words.
I just don't see how someone can say that there was unauthorized activity on their account, isn't it just an easy way out of paying for something that you have second thoughts on?
Perhaps I am just being cranky because I have the sniffles but Ebay can be a big pain in the behind sometimes!
Now I can only use BIN on my listings which stinks because I like to use $0.99 cent listings in order to gain interest.

Sorry this happened to you. Try Live Help -- they seem to be the best in actually helping you. They were awesome when I got my account hacked by someone -- my account was fixed and restored in about 2 days.

The same thing happened to me about 6 months ago and I spoke directly with Live Help and they restored my account almost immediately. Good luck, but what a pain!