I am so pissed at myself right now...grrrr

abbygirl

O.G.
Oct 22, 2006
I have decided to start my spring cleaning..........I have three walk in closets full of my stuff.

I have just started on the closet in my bedroom and I am disgusted with just how much stuff I have and no where to put it, and yet, I still shop like I have nothing.

I am just on my shoes right now and I have probably 100 pair (just in this closet alone) that have collected so much dust. I have shoes in every friggin color, I think I can match every color dirt known to man. Yes I said dirt. This is not a pretty sight cause I have piles everywhere. The sad thing is, my friends come over, pick out what they want, I give the rest away to goodwill, and start this cycle over again.

Does anyone else feel this way?

I am so afraid to start on my clothes.

I am a clothes and shoe wh**e. I admit it.

That...is...all.

I have a lot of clothes and shoes also. What I do to make sure i'm not hoarding is go through things once a year and get rid of things I have not worn in a year and dont plan on wearing. Some stuff is just worn or outdated and it makes it easier. If I didn't do this I would have a problem similar to yours.

I have decided to start my spring cleaning..........I have three walk in closets full of my stuff.

I have just started on the closet in my bedroom and I am disgusted with just how much stuff I have and no where to put it, and yet, I still shop like I have nothing.

I am just on my shoes right now and I have probably 100 pair (just in this closet alone) that have collected so much dust. I have shoes in every friggin color, I think I can match every color dirt known to man. Yes I said dirt. This is not a pretty sight cause I have piles everywhere. The sad thing is, my friends come over, pick out what they want, I give the rest away to goodwill, and start this cycle over again.

Does anyone else feel this way?

I am so afraid to start on my clothes.

I am a clothes and shoe wh**e. I admit it.

That...is...all.

Can I be your friend? :graucho:

^^Sure, I can always use more friends.......:cutesy:

So when ya wanna come see my clothes? ;)

I accomplished just my main closet today - shoes only. :sad:

I went and bought two 50 gallon tubs to put them in and the damn lid blew off one of them when someone opened the sliding glass door at Lowes and it flew right into my head, knocked my brighton reading glasses off my head and broke.

Maybe that's a sign I should stop my spring cleaning until winter. :P

Hey, I'd be happy to help you getting rid of your stuffsss hehehe. No, really.. I try to clean up my closets often (I don't buy a whole lot of clothes, but precisely because of this I need to get rid of them sooner since I wear them out to rags). It's hard though, because I like some of my stuff so much, I don't wanna throw/give it away at the last minute.

I did this last year when I moved in with my boyfriend and had to ahem down grade my closet space.

I was amazed how much stuff I had that I really didn't need. I sold a lot of my stuff on Craigslist though and made about 3k.

Stuff I'm still trying to sell is in storage with my other stuff I couldn't take into the house.

I sell everything that i don't wear every couple of weeks, then you don't have to sell thexe huge piles. Also, you make a little money so you don't have to feel quilty to buy new stuff

Trust me, I'm the same way. I have 5 closets worth of clothes. I have so much, that I had to get THREE portable clothes racks and two extra sets of drawers just to hold all of my clothes! Every 2-3 months I clean out my closets and come up with shopping bags full of clothes I'm ready to donate. In fact, I just had a pickup yesterday.

The crappy thing is, once I make room in my closet, I just end up going out and buying more clothes to replace the empty space. It's an endless cycle.

I definitely shop all the time, but I'm the opposite about keeping stuff. Getting rid of things is one of my favorite activities. I don't strictly go by the 'buy one thing, get rid of one thing' policy, but I do refuse to buy new hangers or more storage for stuff like shoes. If I run out of hangers or shoe space, I know I've been slacking about saying goodbye to a few things and I call my friend's daughter over or make a Goodwill pile. My BFF's kid and her little friends love to come "shopping" at my house. :lol:

I am going through clothes right now in my storage cases. I have tons with the price tag still attached....YUK, and it's none I want. I am thinking of selling them in a huge lot on ebay. Some of them have prices of over $100. Do lots like this sell? I would think resale shops online would love it. I do not want to take it to a resale shop because i would have to iron and I have no time to do each piece.

I also dont want to take pics of each piece as that would take me all day long.

Is it better to sell all in one lot, or seperate shorts, shirts, dresses, tops, etc.?

I truly am digusted right now because this is such a hassle.

I havent even shown my friends yet, and I know they will have a field day cause they LOVE my stuff, but I would really like to make money on these cause they are expensive clothes, but I also usually give my friends the clothes. What to do? One of my friends could afford to pay me something, and the other one cannot, but they are both really close to each other, so I cant charge them both.

we had our closets "done" a couple of years ago. in the pictures of the closet brochures, it always shows a perfectly organized closet...but with very few clothes.

i am trying to adopt that...i am at a stage where i don't need lots of clothes, just a few pieces that work for me. i have rid myself of most everything not worn in the last year or so...it really is liberating not to have all that stuff.

i have jeans, sweaters, dresses, skirts, lots of white tshirts and a few dress pants. that is pretty much it. being a sahm, there aren't that many dressy occasions.