I am so mad!!!

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I cannot believe this is happening again. I sold another pair of Jimmy Choo pumps and this buyer from Canada just paid and is requesting that I mark the customs form for $20.00 and a gitft when the shoes are worth $600.00. She won them for $250.00. I just emailed her and told her I cannot lie on the customs form, because it's against the law and ebay policy. I told her if she does not want to go through this to let me know and I will refund her. What should I do? Should I contact ebay? This is the second time in less than a week that International buyers bid on my items then tell me to lie on the customs form!!!

2. I think you did the right thing about not lying on the customs form.

3. ^ I agree!
    see what she says. if she's happy for you not to lie then just continue with the transaction

4. Thank you both for your advice. I still have not heard back from the buyer. I will call ebay when they open to get their advice. I'm just afraid she will leave me negative feedback if I don't mark $20.00 on the customs form, which I will not do. I guess I will have to include in all of my auctions that I will not lie on the customs form. This is so upsetting to me. I think it's very rude to ask the seller to lie after you have won the item.

5. It IS rude ! I always ask sellers if they are willing to do it, if not then fair enough and I will move on, I completely understand that some will not undervalue.

But to TELL you to do it after they've won...:nono:

6. That is VERY rude of her to ask you to lie after she won the item. She has a lot of cojones, if you ask me. Also, I got so tired of unpaid buyers that I gave up on eBay for awhile. Such a headache, filing unpaid claims just to get your seller's fees back. I still don't understand why in the world someone would waste their time bidding on something they don't want or plan on actually paying for!! It's gotta be a waste of their time also!!! Just don't get it!! :confused1:

7. I have this language in my shop policies: "Accurate information will be listed on all customs forms. Please be aware of your country's policy/fees; duty fees on international shipments are the responsibility of the buyer."

When people ask me to fudge the customs form, I just direct them to my policies, and I've never had a problem with it. You might try putting something like that in your listings, and you can just politely refer the buyer back to it if they ever ask.

I also believe that eBay used to/does remove negs if they're for something the seller has no control over, like duties. I could be wrong about that though, so wait to see if someone else knows for sure.

8. This is an important link that discusses what will happen if the buyer leaves a negative and refers to customs fees:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/feedback-removal.html

Also you need to put this at the top of your listing, this will cut down on the number of internation bidders that ask you to lie on customs forms or do not understand their countries customs fees. It is also required if you want to be protected by ebay for the feedback revision:

International Buyers – Please Note:

Import duties, taxes, and charges are not included in the item price or shipping cost. These charges are the buyer's responsibility.

Please check with your country's customs office to determine what these additional costs will be prior to bidding or buying.

You could add on to this and say that the selling price will be marked on the customs forms for insurnace purposes etc.

9. Thank you so much for all of the great advice. I will take IrisCole amd Olidivia advice and put that in all of my auctions from now on.