I am SO mad...someone copied my

Dec 28, 2009
photo in my ad. I wasn't aware of it until a buyer said she was "concerned" that my picture was also in another listing and she wanted more pictures. WHAT??? So I look up the link she gave me and sure enough another seller for the same exact bag I am selling used one of my pics. Then I scroll down and she also copied my WHOLE description!!

I am really mad. Should I do/report something? Has this happened to anyone else? I guess the thing that makes me the most mad is that I looked at the seller ID and it is someone I know on here that is a member of TPF :tdown: WWYD?

Use the Report link that is on the right hand ide of her page right under sellers name & feedback.There is a "copying of your listing " under Reasons for Report.

you can email ebay and they will take the listing down. i did it.. because i had several people copying my photos awhile back.

i had them all taken down. i think there is a link on the other sellers auction.. like report this or something.. cant remember how i did it.

Yes, email ebay immediately and let them know what she is doing. This happened to me once, before I learned to watermark/mark my photos somehow. I am so sorry that this happened to you, and sadly, it is becoming more common.

Yes, report it. It doesn't matter that the listing is over. Ebay will send a note advising the seller that this is not cool will NARU the seller if this is a pattern. (The seller may not know any better.)

I've had people copy my photos, even the water marked ones.
I've reported when I see them, but it happens probably more times than I know.

Do they notify the person with a general warning or do they refer to the specific pic that you reported?

The reason I was so mad though was that she copied my entire ad too - COPY AND PASTE! Then, to make it worse...a potential buyer questioned me about my photo being the same as in another ad and she gave me the link to it. So she was basically accusing me of using someone ELSE'S photo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GGGRRRRRR

This is how I figured all of this out. The worst part is she is a member of the forum. Just really makes me mad :rant: