I am so mad...is this buyers remorse?

klb4556

O.G.
May 18, 2009
I sold a swarovski slake bracelet that had barely ever been worn and always kept in its box for 20 dollars and buyer just received today shed says and is complaining it "smells of smoke and perfume"

I don't smoke, no one around me and the bracelet smoked, but I did wear a fragrance the few times I wore it.

Is that what this sounds like to you?

This always happens to me with the cheapest items the only other time this happened was with a $13 pair of shoes that I ended up in a case with. It's just ridiculous that people seem to have remorse over the tiniest stuff meanwhile the expensive stuff I've sold I've never had any issues

On the ebay discussion boards, it's common knowledge that the fussiest and most difficult buyers are those they refer to as "bottom feeders." They buy items at the lowest prices and still try to extort partial refunds for some imagined flaws.

Is she asking to return? Do you have a return policy? If she wants a partial, do NOT give in.

If you have a return policy, you have to take the return for any reason in accordance with your policy.

If you don't have a return policy but are feeling particularly generous, tell her that she can send it back at her expense and you'll refund her purchase price.

On the ebay discussion boards, it's common knowledge that the fussiest and most difficult buyers are those they refer to as "bottom feeders." They buy items at the lowest prices and still try to extort partial refunds for some imagined flaws.

Is she asking to return? Do you have a return policy? If she wants a partial, do NOT give in.

If you have a return policy, you have to take the return for any reason in accordance with your policy.

If you don't have a return policy but are feeling particularly generous, tell her that she can send it back at her expense and you'll refund her purchase price.

hmm, that's interesting.. what even is the benefit of doing that? what money is really made out of that? ignorant and pointless to me.. and a pain in everyone else's rear.

I have a no returns accepted policy, but I had this happen once before.. sold some like new sperry's for 13 dollars and the buyer claimed filthy and before contacting me left horrible feedback, and sent them back to me before I ever accepted a return. Basically forced me to take it back and I was tired of dealing with it.
Oh yeah, then I google mapped her address...lives on a canal in Boca Raton.... and pulls that move with 20 dollar sperrys.... wtf.

Anyways, I may do as you say and go ahead and let her send it back at her expense.

I don't want another issue like before. I just sold a few handbags and got pos feedback and one buyer sent a pm telling me how nice it was... if there was a smoke odor I believe a bag would have had it.

ugh, sorry for rant.

hmm, that's interesting.. what even is the benefit of doing that? what money is really made out of that? ignorant and pointless to me.. and a pain in everyone else's rear.
The point of bottom feeders is to get items as cheap as possible. And even when they get a steal, they try to find ways to get an even lower price.

And apparently they're successful enough that at least some sellers cave, thus perpetuating and encouraging the nonsense.

That's why I suggested not giving in. My guess is that she'll keep it for the price she paid rather than having to pay shipping to send it back and only getting her purchase price back.

Reactions: onepiece101