I am SO excited!!!! LV Damier information...

RobbieNEmmy said:
Congratulations on your order! I was thinking about ordering a special order item myself. You said that you put a 50% deposit on it, does that mean when you go back for it you pay $352.50?

I'm sorry, that might seem like a stupid question. :shame:

Yes....that will be the balance, but it didn't include tax. I am sure that they will charge me tax. :Push:

By putting half down 6 months before receiving the bag, this is like a way to trick yourself into thinking that the bag is actually pretty cheap when you end up going there to get it. Then you might just end up buying a matching wallet or something else that day in addition to this bag because you'll feel like you need to spend more at the LV store. What a great trick!! :nuts: ;)

Irissy said:
By putting half down 6 months before receiving the bag, this is like a way to trick yourself into thinking that the bag is actually pretty cheap when you end up going there to get it. Then you might just end up buying a matching wallet or something else that day in addition to this bag because you'll feel like you need to spend more at the LV store. What a great trick!! :nuts: ;)

So true!!

I spilled the beans to hubby tonight that I put a down payment on my own bday present. :shame:

He was really good about it...especially when I said that I just may pick up a wallet when I pick up the bag. (SA did say that prices may go up $5-10 dollars before then on wallets) No way could I have done it now....that would ruin the whole anticipation of getting a set! :lol:

I just might have to get a matching makeup case too...... LOL:amuse:

Bjara said:
So true!!

I spilled the beans to hubby tonight that I put a down payment on my own bday present. :shame:

He was really good about it...especially when I said that I just may pick up a wallet when I pick up the bag. (SA did say that prices may go up $5-10 dollars before then on wallets) No way could I have done it now....that would ruin the whole anticipation of getting a set! :lol:

I just might have to get a matching makeup case too...... LOL:amuse:

Oooohh Ooohhh... how fun!!! :nuts: :lol:

Bjara said:
I went into the LV store today....and wanted to be put on the waiting list for the Damier Speedy 30. I spoke with Val R. she's
a hoot and very, very nice to work with! I asked her about the list,
and it seems that LV will only be making these a regular item in the 25 size, not the 30.

But guess what??? I special ordered a Damier speedy 30!!!!! Yipee, yahoo, wowza! I was holding the Papillion 30 (??) in the mirror for color viewing only....and I have to say I am in love with the Damier canvas on a speedy. :love: :love: :love: :love: I couldn't put the darn thing down....she said 6 months...which is past my b-day...but oh well. I guess I'll live. :sad: I am not a fan of the LV monogram for myself...but this will be wonderful for me!!

I want to get a wallet as well when I pick the bag up.

The cost was $705, with 50% non-refundable deposit put down today.

My heart is pumping out of my chest!!

I also looked at a Speedy 30 monogram...and the logo's on the canvas do have "stripes" going through them...I looked and doubled checked so I could report back to you all. :biggrin:

I told Val about the forum...and she said she might check it out..I
mentioned that there are vigilantes on here trying to rid the world of fake LV's....and she was pleased. :biggrin:
In case she's out there...
::::::wave::::::

Congratulations on the new speedy on the way. I have the damier speedy 25 and it is such a great bag. I love it so much it's my favorite Louis Vuitton and I have a lot too. :shame: I have 13 Louis vuitton bags.:shame:

I called my 3 local LV's regarding the Damier Speedy... They all told me that you can NO longer special order the Speedy in Damier since they're planning on making it a "regular" part of the collection. Two stores took my name down for the "waiting list" and confirmed that it won't be released until June. They didn't know if only the 25 is coming out and not the 30....

One store told me that it's coming out in June, that they can do a "reminder" call but to go on the waitlist, I'd have to give my cc info but that they don't know which sizes it will be available. Does anyone know anything else?

Bjara said:
I went into the LV store today....and wanted to be put on the waiting list for the Damier Speedy 30. I spoke with Val R. she's
a hoot and very, very nice to work with! I asked her about the list,
and it seems that LV will only be making these a regular item in the 25 size, not the 30.

But guess what??? I special ordered a Damier speedy 30!!!!! Yipee, yahoo, wowza! I was holding the Papillion 30 (??) in the mirror for color viewing only....and I have to say I am in love with the Damier canvas on a speedy. I couldn't put the darn thing down....she said 6 months...which is past my b-day...but oh well. I guess I'll live. I am not a fan of the LV monogram for myself...but this will be wonderful for me!!

I want to get a wallet as well when I pick the bag up.

The cost was $705, with 50% non-refundable deposit put down today.

My heart is pumping out of my chest!!

I also looked at a Speedy 30 monogram...and the logo's on the canvas do have "stripes" going through them...I looked and doubled checked so I could report back to you all.

I told Val about the forum...and she said she might check it out..I
mentioned that there are vigilantes on here trying to rid the world of fake LV's....and she was pleased.
In case she's out there...
::::::wave::::::

Only negative thing about the "stripes" comment....while on ebay I was bidding on what I thought was an authentic "Marc Jacobs Stam" bag and since the bidding was already at $600 I wanted to double check some questionable photos and stitching the seller included in her aution.

So, I 'googled' Marc Jacobs to compare photos and stumbled across, of course, several replica sites. To my horror I found one site that the seller copied her photos - from the first to the last photo. I quickly reported her to ebay.

However, in researching this I discovered a few sites that my 3 year old could have painted better LVs as they were OBVIOUS fakes. Those sold for $80, but unfortunately, there was a site that sold LVs and the lowest LV price was I think $170 up to $490.

When I compared the bags to my own and I doubled check on the Vuitton site, I swore someone had to work in official France manufacture during the day and a counterfeit shop at night. Those bags were too dog on close.

That's the problem now-a-days nothing is sacrid. If there is a dollar to be made at some else's expense - the underworld we make it.!!

Wow how exciting...very cool to be on the SO list for this bag. I cannot wait to see pics; do you have any of the matching accessories? I really like the Koala in the Damier (sounds like a good b-day present, if you don't have one - it could tie you over). ;)

I went into the LV store last night, and asked the SA about the LV Damier Speedy, she told me that its not a permanent line and they're only taking orders... I was hoping to see one and try it out... BUT she said to me, "you don't need another speedy" hehehehehehehe!!!!

Woo-hoo! I just called the Dallas Galleria LV and the woman I spoke with said they're expecting the Damier Speedy any day now! She's going to call me when it comes in.