I am so depressed, please help!

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I just decided to change my wallet for the holidays and took out my LV red vernis from the drawer where it's been sitting for over a year...and it has 3 pen marks on the back!!! I feel like crying. Does anybody have any idea as to how to clean vernis please? Please help, I am soooo upset...Thank you.

2. Poor you! what sort of marks?
    if they are like pen marks and only on the surface, u can use non-acetone nail polish remover on q-tips and gently dab them away.

3. They are like a few cm.s long marks. I will try the non-acetone npr, thank you very much, I really hope it works. Would it damage the colour?

4. hi ebruo~ i have the same problem :crybaby: my pearle reade was sitting in its dustbag for a while and a couple of weeks ago when i decided to use it~ i noticed a faint pen mark about 5cm long! i was soooooo upset~ and since its vernis i have no idea how to get it off~ i will give Gelare's suggestion a go too and hope it will do the job without damaging the "shine"~

5. I think some of the ladies here use the mr clean magic eraser!

6. yeah, i owuld try that first before putting anything on it.

and if you try the nailpolish remover, try it out first on a spot you don't recognize so much, cause IF it should harm the vernis, i'd rather have it in a hard-to-see coner instead of right in the middle...

good luck!!!

7. aww that sucks! I hope you can get it out. How did you both get pen marks when it was inside the dust bag???? is it some sort of defect?

8. I am second to that

9. Well, one out of the three happened when I was using it last year (I haven't left any pens without caps in my bag, I still maintain it may have been a jealousy scratch!), the other two, I have no idea!!! It is like a mystery and a very depressing one at that.

I live in the UK, I don't think we have this Mr Clean product here. Darn...

10. I would not use Magic Eraser on Vernis or any patent leather for that matter, ME will remove the top shiny coating on the vernis leaving a dull spot and ruining your piece. Try 90% alcohol.

11. You realize you replied to a thread that's 8 years old, right? :huh:

12. Still, the reply may help people who found this thread via a search.

TaylorXavier likes this.
  13. no, the forums had this thread at the top. I did not look at the date. LOL and the forums since the change are really messing with my computer. Can not stay logged into them as I keep crashing out. so difficult to check anything. LOL