I am rather bored, so an odd question............

kroquet

Sep 18, 2007
Ok, this is a strange question , but as I said, I am bored ...
Do you find that you take on a different personality based on the bag you are carrying?

For instance.. I am sure that when I can use my Bayswater, I will feel oh soooo special.
My LV ALma, I feel a little showy and snobby, Kate Spades, a little preppy. I have an Isabella Fiore bag that is very feminine. See what I mean?? I do think that I need a sexy bag, though. As I look in the closet, nothing screams tart!!!

So how do your hanbags make you feel??

Ok, this is a strange question , but as I said, I am bored ...
Do you find that you take on a different personality based on the bag you are carrying?

For instance.. I am sure that when I can use my Bayswater, I will feel oh soooo special.
My LV ALma, I feel a little showy and snobby, Kate Spades, a little preppy. I have an Isabella Fiore bag that is very feminine. See what I mean?? I do think that I need a sexy bag, though. As I look in the closet, nothing screams tart!!!

So how do your hanbags make you feel??

Hi Kroquet

Have you seen the evening bags on the Mulberry website - gorgeous!!

Jue

How do my handbags make me feel ? Mmmmmm..................broke !!!

No joking apart , I know what you mean , I just don`t have enough bags to be able to comment!!

Great thread!! Its quite true that I will choose a bag for how I feel!! The roxy comes out when I want to feel a bit more rock chick(rather old turkey than a chick hahaha!!!) When I feel a bit more purposeful I'll use the elgin,the blenheim is a bit small yet as Sophie still needs half the house carting with her,but I would use that with jeans and a tee for a more laid back look. I know its not a Mulberry but tht YSL makes me feel quite ladylike(if I don't open my gob!!) and the reason I got it is to got with my nice ladylike summer stuff,and I am toying with the idea of a colored bag now,I think when I see one and it fits with a 'slice' of my character then it takes on part of my personality in a strange sort of way,does that sound a bit odd???!!!!!

...I do think that I need a sexy bag, though. As I look in the closet, nothing screams tart!!!...quote] :lol:

well...IMHO Mulberry is not the bag to chose if you want one that screams tart ...
looking at the website this is the one that "may" come close... I mean browns, blacks, indigo, etc...do not equate tart unless it's a black skirt with a slit up to your gazoo or a black stiletto heels... ;)

Attachments

• Mulberry_Lea.jpg
    Mulberry_Lea.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 32
Absolutely! I choose the bag I'm going to carry depending on what 'personality' I want to convey that day.
If I'm having a business meeting it'll usually be black Alana; tomorrow I'm doing a photo call so I'll probably take olive Phoebe and when I'm out shopping with friends or casual at the weekend I sling on chocolate Soho.

Hahahahaha!!! Poor Sarajane!!! She's getting reminded of the red Mabel on every thread!!! OOps!! Just done it again!! Silly me!!

I can feel such a smack in the face coming off so many come the meet in May!!!!!!!xxxxxxxx

yes when I wear my LV monos I feel kind of showy, snobby, but put together. When I wear my LV damier I feel very classy and conservative or business-y. When I wear my big leather bags I feel hip and trendy.

I noticed that even different outifts can make you feel different ways. When I put on a tracksuit and a baseball cap, I feel sporty. Jeans and a cashmere sweater with Tiffany jewelry makes me feel casual but refined. A dress with my favorite pearls makes me feel like a lady. The new leather jacket I bought makes me feel like a total vixen. It's fun to wear these different personas!