I am officially siggyless

greyhoundgal

Mar 5, 2006
Well today I parted ways with my 3 Op Art Sabrinas. I LOVE the Sabrina and still have two patent leather Sabrinas, but I was so sick of having to worry about the Op Art fabric all of the time. I just feel so much better carrying leather. I am hoping I don't regret doing this, but I realized that I don't really every use them because I am to afraid of messing them up. This has also left me with no signature bags. I am officially and all lether girl. Which is funny because when I first got into Coach 5 years ago all I wanted was signature bags because I wanted to make sure that everyone knew I was carrying a Coach...lol...isn't it funny how we all change over time.

haha that is funny, I keep questioning myself about whether or not I should keep buying signature bags of if I should just stick to all leather... I thought I would stay away from signature bags, but for some reason I like variation and I like that I have part leather and part signature bags... even if its a "stand out" bag that people know I'm carrying coach then so be it because I'm the one that is carrying it and thats all that should matter no matter what age...

haha that is funny, I keep questioning myself about whether or not I should keep buying signature bags of if I should just stick to all leather... I thought I would stay away from signature bags, but for some reason I like variation and I like that I have part leather and part signature bags... even if its a "stand out" bag that people know I'm carrying coach then so be it because I'm the one that is carrying it and thats all that should matter no matter what age...

AMEN Woman!! I am a total siggy girl well I guess not total now because I just added patent but I love siggy bags for some reason and dont really care if they stand out or if everyone has the same!!!:supacool:

I tried signature bags, but could never really get into them like I do with my leather. I do have one op art leah swingpack, but I got it because the canvas part so when I go to amusement parks, etc I can have something I won't stress over if it gets something on it or whatever.

I find that other Coach addicts recognize leather bags (hardware mostly) and I just personally don't care to ever pick a bag because of others recognizing what I carry or not. I just think that Coach leather is a better investment overall and I love the way it looks (I prefer older legacy leather over any new leather, but I did recently become a Zoe addict too).

Oh another reason I don't like siggy is because that is most faked.

Last edited:
I like signature, but really prefer the tone on tone so that it dosen't scream CoAcH!!
I seem to be a mix & match gal. I like a leather bag with signature accessoies, and vise versa!!!

I could live without signature though!!! So long as my black on black OpArt Sabrina was quickly replaced with a leather one!!!! LOL

CONGRATS!

It's the truth! My first collection was ALL signature... bags, wristlets... EVERYTHING!!! Total "starter collection" now I basicallyonly like leather... however, i do need a signature bag for rainy days!

I used to prefer the signature bags over the all leather ones because before I thought Coach is all about the siggys. I fell in love with all leather bags when I brought my black leather sabrina. Now I can't seem to get enough of the all leather bags. I still have my siggys though just in case I fall in love with it again :biggrin:

I am an all-leather girl except for my green HS convertible coated canvas siggie hobo. (Whew that was a long name for a bag.) I love that green bag for inclement weather.
I have came close to buying some kind of signature jacquard khaki C's bag but when I look on the bottom and sides the Cs do not match up and that bugs me to no end! I'll stick to leather until the right siggie bag comes along.

I know what you mean, I have two siggys and one I do not carry because it is to small.. My husband started my collection and it was a Soho all Leather bag. From then on it has beem mostly leather.

Though I have been wanting a siggy bag of late and am actively really shopping for one. I just saw the Carly Ikat, in blue and whited and the Zoe siggy in Cream with white leather trim and like them both...

Congrats! Back when I first started collecting, EVERYTHING I had was signature, and it was all the brown stuff too...no variety. I've pretty much converted to all leather, I have one fabric signature wristlet, though.

I feel that the all leather stuff is longer lasting and more classic than the sig stuff. It smells fabulous, too!

I feel the same way . . . love the look of signature, but I'm always afraid that I'll spill something on it, etc. I tried on a gray sig. Maggie last night, and it was gorgeous (but again, light in color, which would terrify me!). It sounds like you made a good decision--if you aren't carrying your sig. bags much, it makes sense to get rid fo them! Enjoy your all leather collection!