i am new here.. need yr opinion...

xoxomandylyn

♥
May 24, 2008
Pennsylvania
I think you could rock it! From what I can tell those big charms seem to be removable I think (???) so it if seems like too much you could always take those off.

Crazy4Handbags

Broccoli, yum!
O.G.
May 1, 2008
Grunge and Starbucks
Yes, absolutely. As Mandy said, the luggage tags are removable, if you don't like them. Or, you could add more charms, depending on your taste. As it happens, the seller is a great one and the price is nice. :tup:

baghag411

~ Michelle ~
O.G.
May 29, 2008
NorCal
There was another guy on here a few months ago asking about this bag too! I think you could totally rock it!!

amy84023

Totally Banned!
O.G.
May 31, 2007
CT
I'm going to be the lone naysayer here, but the bag looks very feminine to me.

Everything about it (not just the removable charms) screams female purse to me; the lock, the stripes, and the patent.

Personally, if I saw a man carrying that bag, I would wonder why he had a womans purse. Thats just my honest opinion.

jo712

Jul 13, 2008
^^I agree...if you got like a full leather french tote without the stripes, then it would look a lot more "man appropriate" imo.

kmariko

Sep 18, 2008
Rosemead, CA
Unless you are a feminine gay man, or a straight man who is extremely secure with his sexuality and masculinity, I would suggest that you not get the bag. I don't think the bag is unisex at all, but it's really up to what you're comfortable wearing.

pinkboudoir

♥
May 19, 2006
SUN-shine-y island
I think Cheri is a little too small proportion wise for a man. A French Tote may be better. I think the patent & stripes combo is cool on a man tho! & those luggage tags can be removed. I removed mine coz it adds too much weight. Mine was tri-colour & the brown leather throughout the bag is just too heavy for me.

Desi

O.G.
Dec 19, 2007
Alpharetta, GA
I use to have this bag, and IRL it is more feminine. For a guy i would recommend the French tote.

There is also a messenger RM bag coming out within the next couple months.

daniela127

O.G.
Feb 6, 2007
ITA with everyone who suggested the french tote instead of the cheri... i think it's WAY more masculine and would look great on a guy.