I am LIVID!!

anglarry04

O.G.
Mar 18, 2008
I won and paid for a LV mono key cles in preloved status. The description said it was slightly tarnished and the clasp would hook to a d-ring..
The item i received today was not what i expected. the zipper and metal is extremely tarnished. the seams are sooo loose it looks like it could come apart at any time.
Then the clasp won't even OPEN like they had it soldered together. :crybaby:

I am sooo mad and upset. The seller said no returns but i am not happy with this item. so i opened a case. Im gonna hopefully send it back and get a full refund.
I plan to just go to the LV boutique and buy a brand new one instead.

I also had experience recently with an 'item not as described' claim on an item that didn't allow for a refund by the seller. The seller in my case was willing to do a partial refund or a full refund after the claim was open, and yours probably will too.

After speaking with ebay personally on my options, it appeared that even if the seller had refused to do a full refund, or a partial refund, since they hadn't disclosed that the item was damaged, they would have had to take the item back.

So, if your seller refuses, ebay will allow for an escalation, to which they will provide a shipping label to you to return it to the seller. They track it so they know when it gets there and they will refund to you what you paid, regardless.

Patience and being friendly-polite is key.

Did you try to contact a seller and solve this problem amicably before opening the case? Sometimes it helps. If not, ebay should reimburse you. It happened to me 2x where I bought grossly misinterpreted item. The reason I no longer buy from ebay.

I emailed her stating item is not as described. She responded saying it is what she put, and that the clasp worked. i emailed her back saying no. then i filed a claim. she responded quoting the description in bid.
I responded that in all my years of buying preloved it is not in the shape of pictures. SMH
i told her i was not happy and wanted a full refund. She responded saying it is same as pictures. that is when i nicely responded back that i am not happy, it is not in good condition. I will wait the 3 days then file it higher with ebay and then leave feedback for her.

Don't fret!!!! If you live close to an LV boutique, tell them you want new hardware. They WILL replace it for FREE in house. I've done this on 3 canvas cles (idk if the other cles have the same policy) at different locations so all LV stores do it. I'm 100% confident they will. It's a simple in house repair that can take anywhere from 5 minutes to a week, depending on if they're backed up.

Just to be clear, they replace the hook, the zipper pull and the zipper stopper. They do not replace the zipper itself in store. Hopefully the zipper itself isn't that bad and it's just the zipper pull and hook that are tarnished.

I emailed her stating item is not as described. She responded saying it is what she put, and that the clasp worked. i emailed her back saying no. then i filed a claim. she responded quoting the description in bid.
I responded that in all my years of buying preloved it is not in the shape of pictures. SMH
i told her i was not happy and wanted a full refund. She responded saying it is same as pictures. that is when i nicely responded back that i am not happy, it is not in good condition. I will wait the 3 days then file it higher with ebay and then leave feedback for her.
Well done. Keep pushing. If the clasp does not work then it is not as described.. Simple as that.

Good luck and keep us updated.