**Selling/consigning** with Fashionphile

Purchased Chanel mini bag. It's very tiny with the measurements: 6" x 3.5" x 1.5".
This store advertised the size as 6" x 4" x 2". When I received the bag I was sheocked. This is a really tiny bag and 1/2" is a big difference. Fashionphile's response was: "we tend to round our measurements". Also, there was a worn light stain on the exterior of the bag but their pictures on the website didn't show that. They used photoshop! Fashionphile is not honest! Provides false measurements and photoshoped pictures. BE AWARE!

If someone is going to run a business I would expect they have adequate staff to respond to emails within 24 hours. If there is some kind of emergency they should be setting an autoreply.

While I have had several successful transactions with them, I am beyond disgusted at what happened today. Recently I sent them a few items and after about 3 weeks of one of them not selling, I asked what is the procedure if I changed my mind. They told me no problem, it was a $25 fee to cover shipping back to me. Fine I tell them, please send it back to me. This bag was Brand New with tags attached, chains wrapped stuffing inside all intact as came from store. I received it back today and not only didn't they bother to put it back in the dust bag, they just threw it in the box. THE TAG WAS CUT OFF! (and not even with the bag) and the chains were unwrapped and the stuffing was missing from the inside. WTF!!!!!!????? The kicker is I had asked them about the tag because I couldn't see it in any of the pictures, and why it was listed as "excellent" and not New with tags and no one answered me. Now I know why. I am beyond infuriated. They have the nerve to say I'm sorry for your inconvenience and they'll notify the shipping department of this issue so it doesn't happen again. REALLY???? That's all they had to say???? I told them eff their apology, I wanted all my items sent back to me at their cost.

WTF, why would they do this to a brand new Chanel???? UGH SOOOO PISSED!

So sorry to hear this! I wonder if someone bought it, cut the tags and then returned it. I know they allow returns. I would be livid too! The bag is not in the condition you sent it. This is why I hate selling any bags. I hope you get some recourse.

QUOTE=lallybelle;23688871]While I have had several successful transactions with them, I am beyond disgusted at what happened today. Recently I sent them a few items and after about 3 weeks of one of them not selling, I asked what is the procedure if I changed my mind. They told me no problem, it was a $25 fee to cover shipping back to me. Fine I tell them, please send it back to me. This bag was Brand New with tags attached, chains wrapped stuffing inside all intact as came from store. I received it back today and not only didn't they bother to put it back in the dust bag, they just threw it in the box. THE TAG WAS CUT OFF! (and not even with the bag) and the chains were unwrapped and the stuffing was missing from the inside. WTF!!!!!!????? The kicker is I had asked them about the tag because I couldn't see it in any of the pictures, and why it was listed as "excellent" and not New with tags and no one answered me. Now I know why. I am beyond infuriated. They have the nerve to say I'm sorry for your inconvenience and they'll notify the shipping department of this issue so it doesn't happen again. REALLY???? That's all they had to say???? I told them eff their apology, I wanted all my items sent back to me at their cost.

WTF, why would they do this to a brand new Chanel???? UGH SOOOO PISSED![/QUOTE]

Wow, what a nightmare! There is absolutely no excuse for doing that. NWT is NWT not excellent, and you got the equivalent of a SNAD purse back from them. I would raise blinking heck with them over this. Since the photos showed no tags, sounds like they cut them themselves. I can see taking off the wrappings on the straps to show those, but cutting the tag??? Someone really messed up, and you should not have to pay for their incompetence.

So sorry to hear this! I wonder if someone bought it, cut the tags and then returned it. I know they allow returns. I would be livid too! The bag is not in the condition you sent it. This is why I hate selling any bags. I hope you get some recourse.

Thanks J!

No, I don't think it was a return. It never showed as sold. I do suspect someone from there wore it and that's why the tag was cut.

Wow, what a nightmare! There is absolutely no excuse for doing that. NWT is NWT not excellent, and you got the equivalent of a SNAD purse back from them. I would raise blinking heck with them over this. Since the photos showed no tags, sounds like they cut them themselves. I can see taking off the wrappings on the straps to show those, but cutting the tag??? Someone really messed up, and you should not have to pay for their incompetence.

I wish I knew what I could do. I mean I did sign it away and if I hadn't asked for it back I never would have known. Someone would have been perfectly happy with the bag if they would have bought it. It's not like the bag is ruined.

But on the other hand it doesn't make it right. They obviously did something with the bag, and it was not being sold in the condition I sent it in. They haven't yet responded to my response to their "apology" asking for the rest of my items back. If they do not write me back by tomorrow, I'm going to call the store. I am pissed.

Were they selling it for more than the tag price? That might be why they cut it off.

They could have just took the price off at the perforation.

Last edited:
I agree they could have just taken off the price portion at the perforation. Something is up, and it doesn't sound right. Is this a bag that is currently selling or currently available somewhere? I would make them replace it with one that is NWT. The fact that they not only cut the tag off but didn't even send it or put the bag in the dustbag, just tossed it in a box tells me they don't give much concern at all to you. That is not right.

Listing it as "excellent" and not "NWT" is a big tip off. I hope you have the photos of the item showing the tag on (you have to send photos for the estimate anyway yes? I know you do with yoogi's closet). I would really not just let this go; they have altered the bag by removing the tag and possibly using it. It's no longer NWT. :sad: Again, I am so sorry OP.

Last edited:
Ugh that's so awful! I don't know about anyone else but first thought that crossed my mind was maybe one of the workers took it for a joy ride...part of why I don't trust consignments. I can't be certain where the bag is and what they're doing with it if it's out of my possession. Hope they can do something to make things right for you!

I am so sorry to hear this! It makes no sense why they'd take the ticket off as you would get a higher price with it attached. I wonder if someone there didn't "borrow" it for the holidays. What a nightmare.

Lally, so sorry this happened to you!!! I would be fuming mad! I agree with everyone that this is super fishy. BNWT is much more desirable than excellent.

I hope you hear something soon!