I am in so much trouble...a serious confession

JetSetGo, no laughing...if you are in real trouble with DH, you should see about selling them. As hard as it is, peace in your home is more important than the shoes. Best wish...hope it all works out!

^^Uh wait a second, I wrote that before seeing the pictures! WOW, I HAVE WANTED AND STALKED THOSE DECOLETTES ON BARNEYS FOR MONTHS NOW. I love them!!! I don't know if I could sell them if I were you. Ugh! Why so much temtpation, why CL why?!

Well, at least the pairs you bought are very beautiful and timeless. You will be able to use them forever. I really love them. Thanks so much for posting the pics!

I hate to say this, but 21 pairs in 6 months is quite a few pairs. Maybe it is time to enjoy what you have for a while and take a break. I really understand the obsession, but it's not worth upsetting your hubby. I go through binging periods too, just be careful. Don't go selling what you bought because you will never get full price. Keep them, enjoy them, and just take a break for a while. All of us here at tPF can be pretty enabling sometimes, so I thought that I would offer some encouragement.

Uh oh. Where did you get them and are you sure they only do store credit? Oh no was it the CL boutique? I know that coming onto tpf makes it soo tempting but stay strong!! After these 2 new babies take a break and just enjoy all the gorgeous ones you already have. I kinda went through the samesituation where I couldnt stop spending but I slowed down to enjoy my collection. You did the right thing in telling him even though he's mad. Hang in there!!

Today I went to return a CL clutch that I bought on a whim, but was not really in love with. And, instead of just pocketing the store credit and holding on to it for another day, or making an even exchange, I ended up buying two pairs of CL shoes, spending another $1000 over my store credit amount.

This, after I promised my husband I was going to stop my over-shopping. I've spent a fortune over the past 6-8 months, including what now adds up to 21 pairs of CLs.... I don't know what's come over me.

I thought about not telling him what I did, but I really don't want to have any lies between us. To me, it makes breaking a promise even worse when you lie about it. Needless to say, he's pretty furious with me. More furious than he's been in years.

And...I can't take the shoes back because they only offer store credit.

Stop yourself now.

Line them up and decide which ones you want to keep.

Return the unworn shoes you do not need and get the store credit. Then, as xnplo pointed out, sell the store credit and/or gift cards.

Ebay the worn ones.

If you can't afford to keep them all, prioritize and keep the "essentials". I'll use myself as an example.

I have a pair of the roccia python NP's. I can wear those with black, white and/or gray outfits.

I have black patent La Donna Mary Janes. Again I can wear those with just about anything.

I have Un Voilier ballerina flats in light gray, but it doubles as a "nudish" shoe. I can wear those with just about everything.

I have Graffiti ballerina flats that I can wear with black, white and yellow.

I will be purchasing Nude patent VP's w/burgundy tip. I'm using them for my wedding, but they are so versatile that I can wear them with anything.

I purchase my heels last year (May & July), my flats this year (they were both on sale and under $200) and the nude VP's will be the last I purchase this year.

It is SO DIFFICULT to restrain from purchasing more shoes. The temptation is certainly there, but I don't have to dress up for work because it's super casual. So I use my CL's, except for the flats, for special occasions.

An idea: Return purchases > Get store credit > Sell store credit > Get $ back

If the store credit is in the form of a gift card, then you can sell it. For example, $600 gift cards have been sold for $580... a good return.

:tup:

rocky- i think i love you. i think the same way about my purchases. i go with color and actually what i don't have in my "shoe wardrobe"

Beautiful shoes!!
I don't think JetSet's hubby is mad because of the money she spent, he is mad because she didn't keep her promise to slow down on CLs.. I am sure she can still splurge on other *brands*. I feel you because I am in the same situation.

First of all, those CLs are beautiful.
Secondly, if the hubby is upset, I'd either ebay a few pairs to try to make amends, or I'd treat the hubby to an hour long massage and spoil and pamper him to the best of your abilities, while looking really sorry for breaking your promise until he's too charmed not to forgive you :flowers: ;)

Hey Jet- Your purchases are really lovely !!... I know the feeling about your otherhalf, I think we all go though it, it totally sux to try and make them understand.... just try to work it out, and we all wish you the best of luck :flowers: